Getting Rid of Pigeons

I have a small commercial office building in northern California. The tenants complain of pigeons on the roof, foul droppings, and noise. I want to rid the place of the "flying rats" in the most humane way possible. This is a health hazard, but I have not found a good solution to the problem. In addition, I am on the east coast and rely on the building management who have been no help, as of yet.

By TheOldLadyoftheVillage from outside Philadelphia

I have pigeons on my roof and you can just imagine the MESS I have on the sidewalk. There is NOT a nest. Any suggestions to get them to move without hiring a professional service?

- Jo

Before you use the ideas posted here I think you personally should call the city and/or county of that area and find out what you are and are not allowed to do for pigeon control because in many, many areas around the country (and Northern Cali is notorious for animal protection) it can be a civil or criminal offense to obstruct or poison/kill many species of animals including pigeons. The city might even give you suggestions/options of what to do and/or refer you to a trusted professional animal control company.

Please share with us what you find out and what you choose to do to solve your pigeon problem. The information could help others with the same problem in the future. Oh, and you really might want to consider firing and then rehiring a new management company. ;-)

Spray were the roost with WD-40. They will not return. They were trying to build a nest in my friends rain gutters. She sprayed it with WD-40 and they didn't return.

Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsAugust 15, 2010
Pigeon on a white background
Dealing With Pigeons and Their Droppings
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Looking out of a window at a pigeon on a balcony
Keeping Pigeons Off Your Balcony