Getting Rid of Pesky Pigeons

I live in a flat above some shops and they're everywhere. The problem is if we open our windows they sit on them and poop inside and out. They even came into my daughter's room. What can I do? Please help.

Many humane options are available, Lisa. Your city hall may have some advice on the matter.

You can of course contact an extermintor. You can purchase cages to trap them then transport them elsewhere before releasing and hope they don't come back. My personal favourite? Buy water guns. You know the kind kids use in swimming pools? The ones that hold a lot of water? Smack 'em a few times with a strong stream of water and they'll start avoiding your place. Works great for magpies, too!

There is a "cat scat mat" made out of plastic little spikes set on rows; I bought it from a gardening supply online store. I cut it in strips 3 spikes wide and attached to my courtyard overhead patio string lights using zip ties.

Works like a charm. Cut it to size and mount where ever you don't want pigeons to land. Search "cat scat mat" - originally made to keep critters out of flower beds & gardens.