Getting Rid of a Nesting Pigeon

How do I get rid of a pigeon who has made a nest with 2 eggs on my roof top deck (it's in a planter)? Help. I hate pigeons.

By Mary Ann

First get rid of the nest. Then place a plastic toy in the planter where the nest was. If it is large you may have to use several toys. Don't know why but they dont like the toys.

It actually won't be there long, in about three weeks the eggs will hatch, couple or three more weeks and the babies will be gone. Just make sure to rig the planter to where they won't come back next year. Put something inside, like the previous poster suggested?

That's cruel to rip that from the Mother. Pigeons are very gentle creatures and you want the babies dead? I wouldn't want you any where near me or mine. What is she hurting? What joy do you get by being mean? I would love an answer.

Wow. The bird and her young won't be there that long. Moving a nest is risky and the mother may not find where you place it and you may place it in an unfavorable spot. When they leave just move your planter.

I'd love to watch the eggs hatching and the young birds developing. I think you are lucky!

August 18, 2012 Flag

I have just come home after being away for a week on a work trip. I always smoke on my balcony and went outside and noticed more pigeon feathers than normal. I went outside a second time and halfway through my smoke a pigeon flew off my balcony. As I didn't see her there before, I went over to where my poor dead flowers are in their planter and noticed 2 eggs. How do I remove these eggs? And how do I remove them so as to not get attacked?

By Kit

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Wait until the eggs hatch and they are gone, then fix the balcony so they don't return. Just a small inconvience for God's creatures. Around here, peope call mourning doves, pigeons, which are members of the dove family.

Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsJune 7, 2010
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Chicken Nesting Box
Getting Chickens to Lay in Nesting Box
Nesting Supplies to Birds
Providing Nesting Supplies to Birds
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 7:37:15 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.