I am looking for a banana nut bread recipe for my bread machine. Does anyone have one that doesn't use wheat flour as an ingredient?
Not sure if when you say "wheat flour" you are referring to all wheat products or all flour products. You might try swapping out the flour in the recipe for a bran of some sort - wheat, rice, etc. I would think you may need to use less bran than flour. Happy experimenting and good luck.
Banana Nut Bread is a quick bread that doesn't typically require yeast so your bread machine most likely won't make one. By quick bread I mean the dough is more like a batter that doesn't need to rise because there are baking powder/and or soda in it to help it rise. Your best bet is a good old-fashioned recipe that's baked in the oven.
Banana Nut Bread for the Bread Machine Recipe #96521
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it is to die for! Banana bread is a long time favorite in my house and this recipe won us all over....even grandma.
Banana Pecan Bread
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup mashed bananas
1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
1 servings 1 loaf Change size or US/metric
1 hour 5 minutes 1 hr prep
1. Into baking pan measure flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
2. Add oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
3. Insert pan securely into unit; close lid.
4. Select"Cake" setting; press"Start.
5. "When beep sounds after about 5 minutes, add mashed banana and nuts.
6. Press"Start" again.
7. The"Complete" light will flash when cake is done.
8. (follow your machine's instructions).
9. Using hotpads, remove pan from unit.
10. Turn bread out onto cooling rack.
11. Cool; slice thinly to serve.
12. Makes 1 5x4-inch loaf.
13. Banana-Chocolate Chip Bread: Prepare bread as above through"Cake" setting.
14. When beep sounds, add mashed banana and 1/3 cup chopped chocolate chips.
15. Omit nuts.
16. Continue as directed.
I did try this recipe, our boys came home for the weekend and this turned out terrible, I dont know what I did wrong but it never did bake into a bread.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!