Refrigerator's Door Ice Maker Not Working

I have a Kenmore side by side model 106.52582201. The ice maker is all functioning well, except it won't come out the door. I held the button down so I could see what was going on and the spiral that carriers the ice was turning and there was nothing blocking it.

By Juanita from Glendale Heights, IL

March 9, 2010 Flag

My Kenmore Elite model 449310410 ice maker works, but the ice crusher does not. I can't figure how to fix it.

By Cathy from Moundsville, WV

Answers:

Unplug the fridge and remove the water line that connects to the back. There could be some kind of blockage.

Carla (11/08/2009)

By nunley10

November 7, 2009 Flag

Kenmore refrigerator ice maker dispenser is not working. It makes ice, but does not come out through the dispenser. It also leaks water from the dispenser. Please help.

By mamansana from Elk Grove, CA

August 10, 2009 Flag

My Kenmore thru-the-door ice dispenser stopped working. It doesn't make any sound when pressing either the cube or crushed button. The screw device that feeds the ice to the dispenser can be turned by hand. The ice maker works fine. Thanks for any tips.

By Eglan69 from Panama City, FL

Answers:

Go to repairclinic.com. You just find your appliance, find the problem and they will tell you probable causes and you can even order parts from them. Customer service is great and will help you over the phone to make sure you have the right part.

I have used them several times and my husband used the step by step guide to repair our dishwasher and refrigerator. Good luck (04/29/2009)

By respshelly

This happened to me recently when we had power surges. The board was blown out. It made ice fine, we just couldn't get it or water thru the door. (04/30/2009)

By Lynn

I found the problem in my request of 04/21/2009. It was broken pins that hold the ice dispenser switch in place. To get to it you must remove the dispenser cover plate by popping it off at the bottom and then sliding it upwards. The switch that is activated by the ice dispenser is held in place by two plastic pins that are approximately 7/64 inch in diameter. (Very flimsy).

I drilled 2 holes through the plastic plate where the pins were located and pushed the original pins through the holes. I then was able to slide the switch back onto them as originally mounted. This may not hold up. If not I will purchase two small screws (stove bolts) of the proper diameter and length and replace the plastic pins with them. That would make it better than new. Thanks to those that responded to my query. (06/20/2009)

By eglan69

April 21, 2009 Flag

I have a side by side Kenmore with the ice dispenser on the outside. It makes ice but I cannot get it from the outside.

Darlene from Carriere, MS

Answers:

I don't have a Kenmore, but with the ice dispensers, there is a metal screw drive that dispenses the ice. Is that rotating? Is something clogging the dispenser chute like old ice? It can stick together in large clumps. Try emptying out the ice dispenser and clean it out. Most can be removed and replaced. Good luck. (01/09/2009)

Mine did that just recently and I found that the opening for it to drop out of had frozen over and it could not get out. I used a butter knife to chisel that frozen ice out of there. (01/14/2009)

By Beverlyt

Your motor on the ice maker may have gone out. We had that happen on our Kenmore several years ago. It would cost more to put a new motor in, than it was worth. The ice maker still makes ice, and we just get it out ourselves. Been doing that for 4 years. Will get a new one when the refrigerator goes out. (01/14/2009)

By DEE

Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorMarch 9, 2010
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄