Spray and Wash Alternative

Does anyone have an inexpensive alternative to Spray 'n Wash? If so, please share with me.

Thanks!
Mary from San Diego, CA

Best Answer

I mix the following ingredients in a spray bottle. My family likes it so well, that they make it and use it to if they are washing a load of laundry.

1 Cup Good Quality liquid laundry soap

1 Cup Hydrogen Peroxide

1 Cup White Distilled Vinegar

1 Cup Lemon sudsing Ammonia

I've not had any problems with this and have been using it for years, but if you have a favorite item you may want to try the stain remover on a inseam to check for color fastness.

The best pre-treatment and stain removal treatment I have ever used is good old lava soap! You can pre treat any clothing then just toss in the wash. I have even been able to get oil out of a silk dress. Sometimes you do have to apply, let it "dry", wet then reapply the soap. We take it on vacation with us also as a pre-treatment. The stain will not set and when you get home just put in the wash and no stains!

Hope this helps!! Donna

A really good stain remover is Fels-Naptha soap that you can get at the grocery store. The Dollar Tree has their version of spray & wash. I haven't used it though.

Ellen

I use liquid Mr. Clean, Pine Sol or any cheap liquid cleaner. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it with the same amount of water.

At our local Dollar General Store, I use Thund'r Blast Cleaner & Degreaser. It costs $2 for a 40 oz spray bottle. I use it on all my family's clothes & it works very well. I highly recommend Thund'r Blast.

I've not found any thing close to the power of thund'r blast, But I'm having a problem i have not been able to find this little jewel and i,m completely out of it, i,ve checked out all dollars general stores in surrounding area. like to get in touch with someone in charge so we can get thund'r blast back in our area, we use it for every thing. If anyone know who or how we can get it back in this area. will be watching the message board. THANKS

I found something great for my husbands horrible ring around the collar. He has some nice shirts and those collars were horrible, so I have some Mean Green, for about 2.00 a bottle. I sprayed each and every collar, and used an old tooth brush to work in the mean green, soaked them in the washer with some powdered bleach over night, and OMG shirts look brand new.