Motor Oil Stain on Upholstery

How do I remove a motor oil stain on upholstery?

By Jose from Monterrey, Mexico

If you can buy Lestoil, Awesome, or Incredible you shouldn't have any problem getting oil out of anything. Try a test area first. I buy Awesome and Incredible at my local Kroger grocery store in Houston, TX USA. I've only been able to find Lestoil when I get really lucky and then I buy a ton of it because it's hard to find here. Good luck!

Mix up a thick batch of oxy clean. Apply the oxy clean to a clean cloth. Rub it into the spot rubbing from the outside to the inside of the spot. Let it sit on the spot for 10 minutes and then make another damp cloth and rub off the oxy clean from piece of upholstery. Make sure to test the oxy clean in a hidden area of the piece of upholstery to make sure it doesn't change the color properties of the fiber before you apply it to the spot.

I use Tuff Stuff carpet /upholstery cleaner. You can find it at most automotive parts stores. Carbuerator cleaner works good too, but not sure if it would harm your fabric

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 13, 2009
Motor Oil on Concrete
Cleaning Motor Oil Stains From Concrete
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄