Qualifying for Social Security Survivor's Benefits

My son's father passed away before my son was born. Can my son still receive survivor benefits even if his father did not sign his birth certificate?

By Monica

July 16, 20110 found this helpful

Check with your local Social Security Office. They are the ones that would know.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
July 18, 20110 found this helpful

Only the social security office can tell you. If we say no will you just accept that and not apply even if we are wrong? If we say yes you still have to apply to get it so just apply.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
July 18, 20110 found this helpful

The readers are right, check with you Social Security Ofc. The phone # is on the phone book in the blue pages, or you can get the 800 # online. Most questions can be answered over the phone; in some cases, you can apply over the phone.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Article
Social Security Survivor Benefits
Receiving Social Security Survivor Benefits
Business and Legal Legal General AdviceJuly 16, 2011
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Childs cupped hands holding coins
Will My Child Receive SSI?
Social Security Disability Form
Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
New Years Ideas!
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 7, 2016 at 10:40:59 PM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!