Starter For Friendship Bread

I need the Amish Friendship bread starter made without yeast.

By Jody

Best Answer

My recipe is the same as Robin's. But, in making it throughout the years, I have changed by adding different flavor puddings, choc. chips, coconut, and different flavorings besides vanilla. It gives you something to change up besides the plain for a change. Just experiment with different things that you like.

Best Answer

When you are given a starter in a bag its usually about 1 cup of starter. Hence it will be

1/3 cup flour

1/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup milk

1/2 tablespoon yeast

I have used this many times, as the recipe goes, if you do not want to pass along any more bags, I think it is 3, then just do not put in the last 3 cups of flour, sugar, milk. I hopes this helps you out.Good luck.