Ice Proof Car Windows with Vinegar and Water Spray

When the temperature is going to go down below freezing, spray a 3 to 1 solution of water and vinegar on your vehicle's windows. It keeps them ice proof.

By Cinnamon from Williams Lake, BC

Is it 3-to-1 water-to-vinegar or vinegar-to-water? Probably 3 parts vinegar. Spraying 75% water on a freezing cold windshield is more likely to *cause* ice than prevent it.

naa. sprayed it last night 29-11-16 with 2/3 viniger and 1/3 water. came out of work 10.30 "Frrozzenn"

January 7, 2012 Flag

There is an easy and cheap way to make sure you don't end up with iced over windows every morning on your car. Vinegar! Just fill a spray bottle 3/4 of the way with vinegar and the rest with room temp water. Spray on glass at night and in the morning you can sleep in an extra minutes :). I keep a small spray bottle in my glove box and spray the windows when I get home in the evenings to ensure I don't forget.

By Teri M. from Omaha, NE

I think I have read this before on here but I have a question. If you got any of the vinegar on the paint of your car, I would think that it would eat away at the enamel. It is an acid after all. I would be afraid to try it.

Doing this will cause your windshield to get pits and dips... Do not do this!

Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingFebruary 1, 2010
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄