Use Rice To Clean Vases

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub... Bottle brush won't reach all the way down to scrub that dirty glass or plastic vase?

Put 2 tablespoons of dry rice inside, then pour in 1/2 cup of hot, soapy water. Cover with the palm of your hand and shake vigorously. Discard rice and rinse the now-sparkling vase.

Source: A friend who owns a flower shop.

By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario

Another way to clean a vase is to put water in the vase and then drop in a denture cleaning tablet and let it do it's work. It has cleaned out the nastiest build up in the bottom of my vases and rose bowls.

I use the same method to clean my hummingbird feeders, especially since you can't use any type of cleaner which could leave a residue that might sicken the birds.

Leave it to wonderful Canadians to offer common-sense solutions to life's little problems.

I was raised in northern Minnesota -- so I claim almost-Canadian smarts.

Keep up the good work.

Flower Vase
Cleaning Flower Vases
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 13, 2008
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
Red Wine in Crystal Glass on Black
Cleaning Crystal