Deodorize Dish Scrubber with Hand Sanitizer

Tired of buying new dish scrubbers because someone forgot to rinse them after using and now they smell worse than your garbage? Take heart, there's a simple and inexpensive solution! Recently I experienced that very problem on a sponge that just wasn't old enough to throw away. I put three squirts of hand sanitizer on it and not only did it no longer stink, but it took on the fresh scent of my hand sanitizer. Lots cheaper than springing for a new scrubber sponge!

By texasauthor1 from Dallas, TX

Every other day I put sponges, dish cloths, etc. in the microwave for a couple of minutes to kill bacteria. No need for soap. Just make sure they are wet and if they are plastic, take caution that they might melt. I like the hand sanitizer idea. Thank you.

Apparently some of these you can also put in the dish washer. I don't often use my dishwasher, but bought one with the "sanitizing" option and that's mainly for what I use it, when I really want to make sure that things are good and sanitized. Of course, again, top shelf only imo. This would be an item you'd want to put in a silverwear-holder or special items little box so it doesn't get loose. Of course, wash a big load of other dishes so you aren't wasting water or energy!

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousOctober 22, 2010
Crochet Pot Scrubber
Making a Crochet Pot Scrubber
coffee lid dish scrubber
Homemade Dish Scrubber Ideas
Stainless Steel Scrubber
Cleaning a Stainless Steel Scrubber
Hand Sanitizer
Cleaning Uses for Hand Sanitizer