My First Recipe - Potato Chips With Cheese

Wow! 45 years of cooking! I do remember the first recipe I learned in 7th grade Home Ec. was potato chips with cheese melted in the oven. Not a microwave, a regular oven. My mother and grandmother taught me several family favorites before that, though. My first memory of a comfort meal was on a Sunday; wet, humid windows because it was cold outside, and Gunsmoke on the radio...Hamburgers with sauteed onions and gravy, mashed potatoes and corn...and the feeling of complete safety and love.

By Margie Minard from Mount Vernon, Ohio

I remember my mother cooking hamburgers in water for several hours until tender then making gravy out of the juices. She couldn't use onions because she had 9 finicky kids. Is that the hamburger you remember?

Food and Recipes Recipes Recipes for KidsJanuary 22, 2007
Corn Chips in Vegan Nachos
Recipes Using Corn Chips
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Paint Chips
Crafts Using Paint Chips
🎄