Beer Stains on White Leather Jacket

I spilled beer all over my white leather jacket. Any suggestions on how I can get the stains out? Would dry cleaning it even do anything?

Matilda

Answers

If it's ruined now, regardless, I'd use a very mild solution of (don't gag!) your own urine, if clear and not dark in color, since your jacket is white,(all leather is tanned with horse urine, I was told by a leather furniture dealership!) along with a small amount of creme perioxide from Beauty Supply, on a terry rag and rub into the stain GENTLY FIRST.

Let the sun help you out for about one hour until stain is dry. Afterwards, I'd use tiny amount of coconut oil(LouAna brand from Walmart) and rub into the area to keep it supple, IF stain is out, otherwise, don't add the fine oil at all.

If no luck, I'd button/zip it up, put it into a cotton laundry bag, safety pin the opening very well, then try the Dryel type of home dry cleaning cloths, using double what it suggests for one load. When through, immediately take it out and pull it into shape if wrinkled, hang the stain side in the sun. What do you have to lose? If it were mine, this is what I'd do. God bless and help you. : )