Reusing Whole Chicken Deli Containers

I reuse the plastic container that hot whole chickens come in from the deli. I mix up all the ingredients for a big meatloaf, press into the plastic dome, then dump pressed meatloaf mixture onto a broiling pan; to drain grease when cooking.

Bake as directed in the recipe. Set aside to cool to room temperature. When it has cooled I repack it in the hot container and have a wonderful meal to deliver to a shut in or ill friend. Looks like a meatloaf football, great for tailgate parties too. No plate for them to return.

By Jill

I carefully wash out (warm/hot - not too hot as it will melt the plastic) the container and dry completely. I use soap, baking soda, and a small scrub brush to really clean the inside. I line the inside with plastic wrap. Then I use as a container to hold small things in my closet, and cupboards. Also good for holding craft items. The containers are large, clear, and free.

carry out container
Reusing Takeout Containers
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 10, 2004
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄