Getting Rid of "New Dresser" Smell

How do you get rid of "new dresser" smell?

Ting from San Jose, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have cedar lined dressers, which I really don't like. I use Yankee Candle "Car Jars" in "Clean Cotton" and my clothes smell like fresh laundry instead of cedar.

If you can't purchase them in your area, go online directly to Yankee Candle. They retail for about $2.99.

Plastic or laminate: Make a schpritz of one part white vinegar to three parts water, and schpritz all over, inside and out. Leave the drawers open so that everything can air-dry. Wait a day or two, then put in an herbal sachet along with your clothes. I like using the 'hearty' herbs such as sage or rosemary, but I know most women like floral scents like lavender or rose.

Wood: Personally I love the smell of fresh cut wood. If your dresser is cedar, leave it exposed, and better yet, give it a little rub with cedar oil every year or two. Cedar wood oil is a natural insect repellant, way better than mothballs. But if you don't like the smell of the wood for some reason, schpritz it with plain white vinegar, or do the same thing you would do with plastic (vinegar-water, then herbal sachets).

Fabric softener sheets-- cheap, fresh-smelling, and easy. also you can rub the sheets briefly on your clothes or hair if there is a static problem when you get dressed.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsDecember 31, 2008
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Getting Rid of the Smell from a Plugin Air Freshener
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 6:09:07 PM on 10.0.1.78 in 730 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.