Cleaning an Electric Coffee Pot

How do you clean an electric coffee pot?

By Dawn from Lansing, MI

Try putting 3-4 tablespoons of powdered dish washer detergent in the basket, fill with water and perk as usual. Then perk 2 cycles with just water to rinse. Repeat if needed. If the spout is still dirty, get a pack of chenille type pipe cleaners at a craft store, and use to clean it.

In my 12 Cup Coffeemaker, I put 8 cups of vinegar & fill up the rest with water to 12 cups. Then perk it up. Afterwards, I just perk plain water through my coffeemaker twice to make sure all of the vinegar is gone. Works for me.

I'm guessing you mean an aluminum urn-type pot? I used to clean mine by mixing enough baking soda and warm water to make a paste, scrubbing the inside with that and letting it sit for about fifteen minutes, then rinsing it out.

If you're talking about an electric drip coffeemaker, I'm with Ace00 with the vinegar. I use the same proportions of water to vinegar; but also put a clean filter in the coffee basket (you'd be surprised what ends up in there :) and let the first vinegar/water brew sit in the unit for about fifteen minutes to soften up any gunk and impurities in there before flushing it through a couple of times with fresh water.

I am also with Ace00! That's what I use and it works like a charm. :-)

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 17, 2010
rinsing out a coffee pot with hot water
Cleaning a Coffee Pot
Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Percolator
Making Coffee in a Percolator
🎄
🍂