Cleaning a Coffee Pot

My glass coffee container had stains in it. I remember reading somewhere that I should fill it with hot water and a denture tablet, let it sit overnight, rinse out,and the stains should come right out. Tried it and it works!

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

How to clean a coffee pot?

Answers

Best Answer

What type of coffee pot are you trying to clean? Is it an electric coffee pot where you can not remove the pot to clean it separately. If this is the case they sell a cleaning powder to use in the coffee pot to clean it. Normally when you buy the coffee pot it comes with a few sacks of this powder and they recommend that you use it every few months to keep the pot clean. They normally will sell the cleaning powder in a lot of stores. I do remember seeing it once at a supermarket when I was in the States.

Best Answer

You do not say what type of coffee pot you're using but generally all coffee pots are cleaned with the same solutions.
DIY cleaning methods generally use a mixture of water and white vinegar - ratio of 1//1 or if not cleaned in a long time you may have to start with water one part to vinegar two parts - 1/2 ratio.
Make sure coffee maker has no coffee grounds before starting.
Fill your water reservoir with water/vinegar mixture and run through a complete cycle. Wait 30-60 minutes then discard dirty water and fill reservoir with fresh water.
Run through another full cycle; discard water. Run at least 2 full clean water cycles to remove all traces of vinegar taste.
Out side of machines can be cleaned with small amount of dish soap and clean cloth.
More expanded cleaning methods can be found on this link..
Also, cleaning Keurig coffee makers are a little different so if you have this machine you can check cleaning methods out here:

www.bhg.com/.../

Answer this Question

How do I clean coffee stains off of my coffee pot?

By Nicole Kelley from OH

Does anyone have a good cleaner for coffee pots? I used Thund'r Blast from Dollar General, but they have apparently discontinued it.

Hal from Evansville, IN

Answers

CHEAPEST and non toxic. Fill coffee pot with vinegar (or half water and vinegar, but if it's been a while, full vinegar). Run through a cycle, discard vinegar (after cooled) in toilets, let sit and you've cleaned those too! Then run another cycle (or two depending on what you see come out the 1st) with just plain water. WAAAA LAAAAA! Sparkly, degreased (coffee has oil), degunked and better tasting coffee the next go round!

By niermandm (Guest Post)

The very best thing I have ever used is CLR. I always run 5 or 6 cycles after the CLR cycle to be sure all of the remnants have been washed away. It works like magic!

If you are talking about a automatic drip coffeemaker, I've always just run vinegar through it. I put a filter in the basket and then pour about 6 cups of white vinegar in, turn on and let drip through and then pour that out and run 2 cylces of water through it. It's easy, does a good job and it's cheap!

Actually, I was talking about the glass decanters. Incidentally, you should never put vinegar in a Bunn coffee brewer, or one that has a holding tank. You will never get the vinegar out of it.

I have a Bunn and I periodically run white vinegar through it. If you do it according to manufacturer's directions, you will never have a funny taste left in your water. We have very hard water here so I find it to be very helpful to do occasionally.

I also use white vinegar to clean out just my decanter and it works great. Removes the oily coffee build up and it's cheap and always on hand.

PS I am practically your neighbor. I live in Knox Co. IN :)

Tips for cleaning a coffee pot. Post your ideas.

Answers

Pour a handful of table salt into the dirty coffee pot. Use a wet sponge/dish towel to rub it around on the stains. Rinse clean.

By rajalakshmiashok

Add a cup of vinegar to the water and run it through as normal without coffee and it'll clean the inside of the machine as well. Then dump the water, rinse and wipe dry.

By Erin (Guest Post)

You can also put a handful of table salt into the dirty coffee pot, add ice and swirl it around.

If when your coffee pot is freshly emptied, you rinse it out with very hot water, you won't have to clean it as often. Then use the salt/ice method which works well with narrow necked coffee pots that you can't scrub by hand and a brush isn't very effective. But salt/ice/swirling method works very well!

I worked at a steakhouse for several years and we always cleaned our coffee pots with lemon slices, 1/2 cup of salt, and ice swished around and around and then run through the dishwasher for sterilization. They always sparkled! I always keep lemons on hand for that and freshening the garbage disposal!

By Zaideh (Guest Post)

Fill your pot with water. Bring it to a boil. Remove the pot to the sink. Dump about a tablespoon of Cream of Tartar in the water. Let it foam up. When the foaming subsides, return the pot to the stove & let it boil gently over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Rinse & use.

By Marilyn (Guest Post)

Put some dishwasher detergent powder in pot, add hot water. Let it stand a few minutes and wash the inside with a dish cloth and it will sparkle.

Use salt put in the pot and swish around. It may take a time or two but it does work.

Answer this Question

My coffee pot is thick with coffee residue. What can I use around my house to clean my coffee maker?

By Antoinette Bess from Cincinnati, OH

I bought a Mr. Coffee from a Goodwill store ($3.50), but apparently they used some kind of coffee pot cleaner on it and it tastes bad. I hate that taste! Is there any way of getting rid of it? Just keep brewing water thru it?

Your coffee pot burner needs to cleaned from time to time. This is a page about cleaning a coffee pot burner.

A coffeepot being filled.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page is about cleaning a percolator. Coffee stains can be stubborn to remove from a pot.

Percolator

Having a clean decanter helps keep your coffee tasting delicious. This page is about cleaning a coffee carafe.

Coffee Carafe

I learned a neat trick for cleaning coffee pots or tea pots. Fill with crushed ice, quite a bit of salt, and a lemon slice.

I have a large aluminum party sized coffee pot. It has ugly water mark stains on the outside. It also has coffee stains on the inside. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 5, 2014
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-a-Coffee-Pot-2.html