Trouble With Woven Hat Pattern for Knifty Knitter Round Loom

I am trying to make the woven hat pattern from Knifty Knitter's "Learn New Stitches" book for circle looms. I am having trouble following the woven pattern. The yellow loom seems too big.

I have only used this one for making draw string bags to use as totes. Has anyone made this hat yet? Could someone put instructions on You Tube? I asked at Michael's for a video, but they didn't have anything. Thanks for weaving me out of my misery.

By Debra from Canada

Is there a forum for Knifty Knitter at the manufacturer's website, where you could ask? Beyond that, I'm sorry I can't be of much help, because I don't know how to use the Knifty Knitter. :-(

I have made many of these hats. I use two yarns at once. The yellow loom is big but when you are done with the hat and take it off the loom, it does seem to shrink a little. You mention you are having problems, but you don't say exactly what the problems are. I also think the yellow one is a bit big but not for a man, and I use the green one, next size down for a smaller size. I do not pull the yarn tight, ever. I bought a kit from Reader's Digest a few years back to learn how to make sweaters and such and the loom from that kit has more pegs and closer together and I use that one most of the time now and love it. You can also make one with a round picture frame and nails. Go on line and check out videos.

I'm having trouble too. The woven top is too loose.

Round Looms
Making a Hat on a Round Loom
Crafts KnittingFebruary 14, 2010
Knifty Knitter Loom
Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter
long loom
Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom
Knifty Knitters
Making a Pot Holder With a Knifty Knitter
🎉
🎄