ClothingRepair

Dye on Suit Pants Ran

I purchased a pinstriped suit for my son by Hardy Amies London. I had to wash the pants. The color from the maroon stripe has run and the pants are now destroyed. I was just wondering if there is anything that can be done to save these as the suit is useless without the pants. I am not sure about the fabric, but I think it is a wool.

By Jenny57 from Qld. Australia

Put the stained pants in very hot water, leave it to cool. Most of the dye will come out. Throw the water. Repeat the process with fresh water till there is no dye in the water. If the fabric can stand high temperature (about 120deg. centigrade). Put in pressure cooker with water & heat till one whistle.

Thankyou for your response and will certainly give it a try. It is a dryclean only garment though and am a little concerned it may run even further. The fabric is 95%wool and 5%polyester.