Making Awesome Chili

Here's the secret to awesome chili! Gather all your spices and add them in when you are browning the ground beef, steak or whatever meat you use. The spices will fully dissolve and the fat from the meat is incorporated, giving the chili much better flavor. Try it once and you'll never make chili the old way again!

By Roger from Hampton, VA

MY MOTHER USED TO USE CINNAMON AND STRONG COFFEE IN HER CHILI RECIPE - IT WAS GOOD!

I can't wait to try this!! I wrote it down in the back of one of my recipe card spiral notebooks which I keep the best tips written down on. I am guessing this would be the same for tacos, spaghetti and such too. Just got to make sure I don't drain off the grease before I add the spices.

I don't know about anyone else but I've got to drain the hamburger meat!

About draining- when I use ground round or ground chuck I don't usually have to drain. There is very little fat. However, I remember going to a gathering where the hostess made sloppy joes. The ground beef wasn't browned and drained, but was cooked in a crock pot with sloppy joe sauce all day, and when they put the sloppy joe mixture on a bun the sauce was swimming in grease. I guess it just depends on the grade of hamburg used.

i too drain the grease.just can't handle it if not. i also will rinse my ground beef under the tap when i drain it to wash off excess grease. the food still tastes just as good and with my high cholesterol i don't need the grease anyway

Food and Recipes Food Tips SoupJune 30, 2006
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili
Robot Costume made with cardboard boxes
Costume Ideas Using a Cardboard Box
🎄