Coupons for Troops

I would like information regarding, coupons for troops.

By Gary from Highland, NY

Here is a link for the Coupons for Troops org. http://www.ocpnet.org/

July 12, 2011 Flag

I would like the address for coupons for troops. Thank you.

By Pat

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There is actually a group you get in contact with and they match you up with a military family overseas. That family is part of a chain , after they go through the coupons they pass them on to other families on the base. I do it with a family in Austria.

More info at this post http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf983421.tip.html

If you send an email to admin@couponstotroops.com, you can request to be matched up with an overseas military family! And you can check out their facebook page at www.facebook.com/couponstotroops

You can also go to http://www.ocpnet.org and get a list of the bases overseas and their addresses to send them directly to a base to be disbursed. The organization is called overseas coupon program.

October 18, 2011 Flag

Can coupons be sent to a bases in the United States?

By J M Tyler

Yes, I send coupons about every month and a half. The process is you usually get one name and address and that person shares the coupons with other families on base. And some of them share coupons with other base families. So you never know what might be of use.

Right after I started I got an email from the lady who is my drop point and she thanked me for a coupon that was for a water purifier. The water on the base didn't agree with her. With the coupon she was able to buy the filter and the water was drinkable for her.

This website can get you started http://www.ocpnet.org/ and remember - the coupons can be expired for up to 6 months but I never send any over 4 months old. That way they have time to circulate.

Oh yeah, the postage is fairly reasonable. Because they are military bases you only get charged postage for an item going to California. The military picks them up from there and delivers them.

Give it a try. Be patient, try different things. It is a privilege to help out the families of our military. Oh yeah, I usually send them in 5 plastic baggies of various sizes depending on the number of coupons. I separate them into: baby, pet, personal hygiene and cleaning, food and misc. One time I had a lot of coupons for medicines, so I sent an extra bag for medications/health. They would usually be in the misc.

Yes, coupons can be sent to military bases for troops and their families in the US and overseas. There is a number of web sites with information and addresses. They can use 'expired coupons' as well. Just google "coupons for military"

November 1, 2009 Flag

I just read a post on ebay's "Want it now" page that a military family stationed overseas would like expired coupons. I guess they can use them for up to 6 months after the date. I can not imagine expecting someone to pay for old coupons so I wanted to know if anyone knows of an organization that would distribute expired coupons to these families? It's the least we could do to support our troops.

Thanks,
Amanda

Answers:

Coupons for Troops

Check out this website: couponstotroops.com They have more information on how to go about sending coupons overseas to our military families. (06/14/2009)

By sbp

November 21, 2006 Flag

I just read a post on Ebay's want it now page that a military family stationed overseas would like expired coupons. I guess they can use them for up to 6 months after the date. I can not imagine expecting someone to pay for old coupons so I wanted to know if anyone knows of an organization that would distribute expired coupons to these families? It's the least we could do to support our troops.

Thanks,
Amanda

Answers:

Coupons for Troops

This is definitely true! My husband is retired from the Army, and we live near Fort Hood. In order to do this, you have to send them as if you were sending a package to Europe, which means that you must fill out the customs registration forms. This can be complicated, however, if you want to send them to any commissary on any base in the country, you can do so, and specify that they are to be sent to troops oversees, and make sure that they are labeled as expired coupons. Send them to the store manager. He or she can arrange to have them sent to the bases that have the greatest need. They can use coupons for up to six months after the expiration date. HTH (08/18/2005)

By skbeal

Coupons for Troops

Call your local Girl Scout Council and see if any of their Districts or Neighborhoods would be interested in doing this. Our neighborhood has been doing this for years. We have one lady that collects them from all of our GS troops and she has a direct contact name of someone who receives them overseas. I think the contact is the brother or sister of someone in our area who is stationed overseas and they distribute them at the base commisary. (08/18/2005)

By Kathy

Coupons for Troops

The organization to mail them to at each installation is:

Air Force - mail to the Family Support Center
Army - mail to Army Community Services
Navy - Navy Family Services

I worked overseas at several different installations at a Family Support Center and we were glad to get the coupons to give to families and place in the commisary. For example, address them to: Family Support Center, (name of installation) and APO or FPO number. (08/18/2005)

By mycmissouri

Coupons for Troops

Thank you so much. This is a wonderful benefit that they have given the servicemembers overseas. The food and other products cost more because of ther shipping cost. The selection is small. They offer only the name brands. Only Campbells soups and only Kraft Mac and Cheese, one choice so the brand coupons help out. Plus we never get the Sunday Paper for coupons:) We always got a lot of boxes from senior citizen centers. Thanks for bringing this to light. (08/19/2005)

By Cindy in AL

Coupons for Troops

I sent coupons directly to a military family overseas. didn't have to declare anything, just put them in a manila envelope and mailed them. the woman then distributed them out to other mothers on the base. I would suggest contacting the family listing want it now coupons on ebay and offering THEM to send your coupons to them for free instead of looking for an organization. (08/19/2005)

By Ann Washburn

Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Better Living CharityNovember 1, 2009
computer printer
Finding Printable Coupons
Care Packages for Troops
Sending Care Packages to Troops
Online Coupon Computer
Using Online Coupons
Sending Donations to Troops
Sending Donations to Troops
🎉
🎄