Looking For Advice On Vacuum Sealer Bags

I bought a new vacuum sealer to store and freeze meats and leftovers, but after I cut the bags, I have a hard time opening the two layers of the bag. I got so frustrated the last time I just threw the bag away and went to the store and bought freezer bags. I'd really like to use the vacuum sealer, though. Does anyone have any tips?

Nancy

Try wetting your thumb and index finger, and rubbing in opposite directions with the bag between. This works in the market, too, for opening plastic produce bags.

Perhaps you are not cutting far enough from the vacuum seal. When you cut the bag air will immediately enter the bag.

I have never had this problem,

What brand did you use? If you use the food saver brand it is very easy. They are a little more expensive but can be reused.

WHat we do with ours is take 2 small pieces of scotch tape (about 1" ea.) put them on opposite sides of the bag and pull apart

I want to buy a food vac sealer but don't know what is best brand. Price isn't an issue.

I like Foodsaver brand the best, they don't have the two layer thing.

Hi, I had the same problem. put scotch tape on the outer sides of the bag (about 1 inch apart) then just pull & they come right apart. Works for me all the time. Dorothy

Vacuum Sealed Corn
Using a Vacuum Sealer
Food and Recipes StorageJanuary 7, 2005
Vacuum sealer on tile counter with vacuum bag containing a chicken thigh.  Multiple other meat items such as hot dogs are off to the side and two rolls of unused vacuum bags are in the background.
Reusing Vacuum Sealer Bags
Red Vacuum Cleaner
Choosing a Good Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum Cleaner
Saving Money on Vacuum Bags
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
🎉
🎄