Extending the Life of SOS Pads

For many years I have been extending the life of SOS cleaning pads. (You know, sometimes you just have to use them on some things). The very first thing I do is get one of my recycled small plastic containers, one that has a good lid, and is big enough to easily cover the SOS pad. Fill it nearly full with very warm water. Then place the SOS pad in the water and squeeze a few times, getting some of the thick goo into the water.

Go ahead and use the scrubber for whatever you need to do, then put it in the plastic container, making sure it is submerged in the water, then put the lid on, and leave it for the next time you need to clean a pan that just won't respond to anything less. If the SOS is used up in one or two uses, and the liquid is still pretty clean, don't dump it, just add a bit of water, and start the next pad in it when it is needed.

Source: I don't recall any source, unless it was my dear mom, who would even wash used aluminum foil and reuse it, more than once.

by Loretta from Theodore, AL

Scrubbing Pan with SOS Pad
Extending the Life of SOS Pads
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsOctober 22, 2009
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
three pink soap steel wool cleaning pads
SOS Pad Stained Bathroom Fixtures
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
🎄