Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets

This page is great place to look for the value of old encyclopedias. Look below for feedback shared about the value of various encyclopedia sets. If you don't see your set listing, feel free to post a question.

February 19, 2017 Flag

Stack of encyclopedias.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many homes have a little used set of encyclopedias on the bookshelf. This is a guide about finding the value of Chamber's encyclopedias.

February 12, 2017 Flag

Volumes in crate.

This is a guide about value of Richards Topical encyclopedia. There are a few websites and businesses that may help you determine the value of old reference books.

February 13, 2017 Flag

What is the estimated value of a complete set of the encyclopedia Americana in perfect condition?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias, dictionaries and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

*

February 8, 2017 Flag

I have 2 sets of Arthur Mee encyclopedias from England from about 1913. The title on one set is Children's Magazine. The other is Children's Encyclopedia. Is there a market for these? I am down sizing and will nor have any room, but do not want to throw them out.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Most old books, unless they are first editions, have very little value. You can go to www.worthpoint.com to see if there are any that have sold. You can also go to a local book dealer and see. I don't think you will make much money on them.

January 23, 2017 Flag

We have volumes 1-10 of The New Book of Knowledge. I've searched all over the web and numerous other sites and found nothing. They have been in the family since just before 1995. What is the price range for selling them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 12, 2017 Flag

I have a copy of The Children's Encyclopedia by Arthur Mee, volumes 1 to 10. They are in excellent condition. I would just like some information on this set, as well as, if they are worth anything.

I would be grateful for any information thank you

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I believe DCA gave an excellent answer.

It seems strange that most books offered for sale on eBay or Amazon are not in the US but being offered from the UK.

Here is one site showing what is currently listed (not sold) (1/13/2017):

https://www.ama  ia+by+Arthur+Mee

December 19, 2016 Flag

What are these books worth and how could I go about selling them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try somewhere that is interested in vintage Americana - some museums and small collections might like to have them, but I'm sure they wouldn't pay a lot.

December 29, 2016 Flag

How much is an entire set of Americana encyclopedia 1904 (16 volumes) worth? They are in pretty good shape considering their age! Where can I sell them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't think it is highly saleable, unfortunately, though it may indeed be very interesting. You could try eBay for an idea of prices. Perhaps a museum of Americana might be interested.

August 24, 2016 Flag

I am not finding this particular set either on eBay or elsewhere. Do you know what year these would be? The value?

Thanks

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

All publish books have a copyright date on the front couple of pages it's that easy to find out

October 12, 2016 Flag

There are 20 volumes in an excellent condition. What would be the price to put it in eBay?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 1, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know how much these are worth? I have a set of 12 of the Annual Cyclopedia. I tried to find info online, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is this the Appleton's Annual Cyclopedia? it looks like an old and venerable volume.

The interesting thing about this book is that since it was printed before 1923 it is apparently out of copyright. This means it's available for free online https://catalog  Record/001461804

and that some publisher has actually reproduced the entire thing and is selling the new reprints for $32 a volume on ebay http://www.ebay  d%3D391436861606

aside from that, i seem to see some of the old tomes selling for $20 per book

September 10, 2016 Flag

I have encyclopedias from the 1800s. I am wondering what they are worth.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Encyclopedias published before 1923 may have some value depending upon age and condition. You can search online for book collectors, contact auction houses in your area and this site:

http://www.book  book-values.html

May 7, 2016 Flag

I am wondering what a complete set of Standard America Encyclopedias copyright 1937, copyright The University Society MCMXVI is worth?
The set was printed and bounded in the United States of America by
The Cuneo Press, Inc.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have set of w.f.quarry encyclopedia dated fro 1917 thru 1935 how much of value

September 30, 2016 Flag

I have a set of Popular Mechanics Encyclopedia. There are 27 books A through Z, copywrite 1986. Are these worth anything? They are in excellent condition.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

*

June 4, 2016 Flag

I have a mint condition, 15 volume set of the American Standard Encyclopedia copywright 1937, 1937, and 1938. Is it worth anything?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 21, 2016 Flag

I have books 1-10, 12, 13 and 15 of the Catholic Encyclopedia published between 1907 and 1912 by The Encyclopedia Press, copyright 1913. The books have been stored in my attic for a number of years and some pages have been a little nibbled by mice! All the covers are in a reasonable condition if a bit worn. Any clues as to value or where to sell these would be fantastic. Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The books may have some value, depending upon their condition. Incomplete sets usually have worth. You can research online for prices with EBay, Craig's List, etc.

Also try this site:

http://www.book  book-values.html

June 1, 2016 Flag

I have a complete set of The Columbian Cyclopedia on display in my living room and wanted to know if they are valuable. I have 32 volumes with illustrations. It was published by New York Garretson, Cox &Co. 1892. They are dark red with gold writing and black decoration on the spine. They are in good condition.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your set may have some value if an original print, however, you will need to research for more information-EBay, Craig's List, online book collectors, etc. This site may also help to start your search:

http://www.bibl  s-my-book-worth/

May 13, 2016 Flag

I have a full collection of these, all in better than good shape. Is there any value to these?
Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

April 24, 2016 Flag

I have a complete set of Pictured Knowledge, date 1923 and published by Midland Press. I have seen separate volumes posted, but never a price for a complete set. I wonder if anyone has any idea what the set might be worth. Thanks for any help you can give me.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksFebruary 20, 2012
Volumes in crate.
Finding the Value of Richards Topical Encyclopedias
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Stack of encyclopedias.
Finding the Value of Chamber's Encyclopedias
Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 7:36:22 PM on 10.0.0.119 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.