Browsing: Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets

This page is great place to look for the value of old encyclopedias. Look below for feedback shared about the value of various encyclopedia sets. If you don't see your set listing, feel free to post a question.

Stack of very old encyclopedias.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 24, 2016 Flag

I am not finding this particular set either on eBay or elsewhere. Do you know what year these would be? The value?

Thanks

volumes on a shelf
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 21, 2016 Flag

I have books 1-10, 12, 13 and 15 of the Catholic Encyclopedia published between 1907 and 1912 by The Encyclopedia Press, copyright 1913. The books have been stored in my attic for a number of years and some pages have been a little nibbled by mice! All the covers are in a reasonable condition if a bit worn. Any clues as to value or where to sell these would be fantastic. Thanks!

books on garden benchValue of The Catholic Encyclopedia

The books may have some value, depending upon their condition. Incomplete sets usually have worth. You can research online for prices with EBay, Craig's List, etc.

Also try this site:

http://www.book-collecting-tips.com/old-book-values.html

August 16, 2016 Flag

What is the value of a set of 1972 "The World Book" Encyclopedias? I have the entire 21 volume set, including 20 book volumes plus (1) 1972 Year Book.
It is in excellent condition.

thank you for the information

Read More Answers...

August 16, 2016 Flag

Have a 30 volume set of this encyclopedia, 1943 edition. Is it worth anything to collectors? Or is it only of sentimental value?
Thanks.

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias, dictionaries and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

*

August 9, 2016 Flag

How much would a 1929 World Book Encyclopedia set be worth? It is a 10 book set in excellent condition.

Im interested... they may be worthless to some people but I still think they are nice & would like to put on my shelf to use 

Read More Answers...

April 2, 2012 Flag

For over a year I have tried selling an encyclopedia set that is in pristine condition on Craigslist. I have even seen ads where people are giving away their encyclopedias for FREE. Due to the internet there is nothing that you can't find that isn't in the encyclopedia except the photos. However, they like other books, seem to be a thing of the past. It really is a shame.

Unfortunately I have to downsize and one of the things I have to part with are my books, so the encyclopedias seem to be hanging around without any responses to purchase them. I will probably end up donating them if I can find someone who wants them. I guess the only value of encyclopedia is the sentimental value one has for them. I myself think it is a beautiful sight to see books lining a bookshelf.

By Carol from Beverly, MA

June 4, 2016 Flag

I have a mint condition, 15 volume set of the American Standard Encyclopedia copywright 1937, 1937, and 1938. Is it worth anything?

I have a 1876 set of American standard encyclopedias what is its value

Read More Answers...

May 7, 2016 Flag

I am wondering what a complete set of Standard America Encyclopedias copyright 1937, copyright The University Society MCMXVI is worth?
The set was printed and bounded in the United States of America by
The Cuneo Press, Inc.

I am very interested in these encyclopedias if you are interested in parting with them. scoffron at yahoo.com

Read More Answers...

May 16, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know where to find the value of a complete set of Winston's Cumulative Loose-Leaf Encyclopedias? The set has the original advertising departments contract with hand written payment agreement to the recipient. It was sold in 1922 to a couple in Whittier California. It also contains the coupons for 10 years of annual revision inserts.

I am interested in talking to you about your encyclopedias if you are interested in parting with them. scoffron at yahoo.com

Read More Answers...

June 1, 2016 Flag

I have a complete set of The Columbian Cyclopedia on display in my living room and wanted to know if they are valuable. I have 32 volumes with illustrations. It was published by New York Garretson, Cox &Co. 1892. They are dark red with gold writing and black decoration on the spine. They are in good condition.

Your set may have some value if an original print, however, you will need to research for more information-EBay, Craig's List, online book collectors, etc. This site may also help to start your search:

http://www.biblio.com/blog/2010/12/how-much-is-my-book-worth/

February 2, 2014 Flag

I have a set of 15 Chambers encyclopedias from 1973 in very good condition. I was wondering if these are worth anything?

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksFebruary 20, 2012
Grolier's Book of Knowledge
Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 9:21:08 AM on 10.0.1.214 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.