Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets

Stack of very old encyclopedias.

This page is great place to look for the value of old encyclopedias. Look below for feedback shared about the value of various encyclopedia sets. If you don't see your set listing, feel free to post a question.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Selling Old Encyclopedias

For over a year I have tried selling an encyclopedia set that is in pristine condition on Craigslist. I have even seen ads where people are giving away their encyclopedias for FREE. Due to the internet there is nothing that you can't find that isn't in the encyclopedia except the photos. However, they like other books, seem to be a thing of the past. It really is a shame.

Unfortunately I have to downsize and one of the things I have to part with are my books, so the encyclopedias seem to be hanging around without any responses to purchase them. I will probably end up donating them if I can find someone who wants them. I guess the only value of encyclopedia is the sentimental value one has for them. I myself think it is a beautiful sight to see books lining a bookshelf.

By Carol from Beverly, MA

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets.

Question: Value of Old Encyclopedias

We found in prime condition some Encyclopedia Britannica, volume 3 1768, publisher William Benton. The only problem is there is not a complete set. These are beautiful books; they look like they have never been used. How much would these books be worth, considering they are not a full set?

By Dianna L.

Most Recent Answer

By mrmima02/18/2014

Hey Dianna, do you still have the books? mail me at mrmima AT yahoo.de please.

Question: Value of Times Encyclopedia and Gazetteer

I have a complete set (8) of the Times Encyclopedia and Gazetteer, 1928.
What would the value of the set be?

By Larry J from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Question: Value of 1969 World Book Encyclopedias with Dictionary and Year Books

Can anyone tell me the value of a full set of 1969 green and white World Book encyclopedias with dictionary and year books through 1979?

Thanks.

By Darlene R.

Question: Value of The University Encyclopedia of Twentieth Century Knowledge

How do I find the value of the entire ten-volume set, copyrights 1902 and 1911 by P.F. Collier and Son, well-used condition?

By Jacque D.

Question: Value Harmsworth Encyclopedias

I am looking for a value for full set of 10 volumes of Harmsworth Encyclopaedia, 1906 London.

By Jenny B.

Question: Value of Set of Pictorial Knowledge

I have a complete set of the second edition printed in 1933. These books are currently 81 years old. I'm wondering what the value is please?

By Tina from Qld

Question: Value of Chambers Encyclopedias

I have a complete set of Chambers encyclopedias, from 1925, in good condition. How much are they worth?

By Chris

Question: Valuation of Encyclopedias

I have 14 issues of "The popular Encyclopedia" by Blackie and Son. They have been in our family now for 60 years. They are in good condition. On the inside cover it has the name signed F.G Hobson, dated April 1887. How do I find the value please? Should I sell or keep?

By Lynn from Lincolnshire, UK

Question: Value of The New Encyclopedia of Texas

I would like to know the value of The New Encyclopedia of Texas Vol. 1 and 2 written by Ellis Davis and Edwin Grobe. I think it was published in 1926, by the Texas Development Bureau, Dallas Texas.

By Novaline

Question: Colliers Encyclopedia 1892 Value

I have complete set of 1982 Colliers. Because the covers are soft leather, almost feel like pigskin, they have separated from the books. The books are perfect. Do they have any value?

By Toni T

Question: Value of The World Book Encyclopedia

Volumes on bookshelf.Anyone know the value of a complete set of The World Book Encyclopedias 1965, pristine condition? Set includes A-Z (21), Yearbooks 1965-1999 (33), and Dictionary (2 vol).

By Kb

Question: Information on International Cyclopedia 1887

I have a complete set of 1887 International Cyclopedia by Dodd Mead in full leather. Anyone know much about them?

By Richard H

Question: Partial Set of 1819 Rees's Encyclopedias

I own 20 volumes of Rees's encyclopedias. They were printed in 1819 in London. What is the value? There are 39 volumes in all, but I own only 20. They are in fair condition.....need polishing with leather cleaner.

By Sandra from Atlanta, GA

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Britannica 1876

What is the value of a complete set of encyclopedia Britannica 1876, in good condition.

By Todd T.

Question: Value of Richards Topical Encyclopedia

Volumes in crate.I have a set of, 1949 I think, Richards Topical Encyclopedia. It is a full 15 volume set in good condition with original labelled storage box.

By KT from Mount Morgan, QLD

Question: Value of Childcraft, The How and Why Library, 1969

How can I find the value of the complete set of 15 books, 1969 Childcraft, The How and Why Library? These are in mint condition.

Thanks for your help.

By Jamie

Question: Value of 1955 Illustrated Home Library Encyclopedia

Red bound volume.I have a complete 20 book guild edition of the 1955 Illustrated Home Library Encyclopedia set in very good condition and am trying to determine it's value and so that I can find a buyer. All books are in the same condition as the one in the picture.

By Jenni A.

Question: Value of 1910 Nelson's Encyclopedia

Inside pages.I have a 1910 Nelson's Encyclopedia, it has the front cover off, but I have it. Other than that the pages are in excellent shape! Could anyone tell me how much it is worth, if anything?

By Bambi

Question: Value of Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedias

I have a set of the New Funk and Wagnalls encyclopedias, copyright 1950. Are they worth anything?

By Lana from Atlanta, GA

Question: Value of World of Children By Stuart Miallare

I have 4 volumes of World of Children by Stuart Miallare. Are they worth selling?

By P Leng

Question: Value of 1930-40's New Standard Encyclopedia

I have several encyclopedias from this era. I was wondering if they have any value, and who could I sell them to.

By Cindy Mc

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/14/2014

Likely nobody. No one wants old encyclopedia. You could check with a store that sells antique books, but I doubt that they would be interested. However, these are quite old, so there may be some interest. Perhaps a pioneer museum would like them for a school display.

Question: Selling a Set of Chamber's Encyclopedias

I have the Chamber's Encyclopedia: A dictionary of universal knowledge for the people with maps and numerous wood engravings. It is a revised edition, unaltered an unabridged, New York, Collier publisher, 1889. It is a complete set, all pages in each volume, "cardboard" covers, some detached. How do I sell them?

By betty handy from powhatan virginia

Question: Value of 1954 New Pictorial Encyclopedia

What is the value of a 1954 New Pictorial Encyclopedia of the World set, in good condition?

By Juanita A. from Bridgeport, CT

Question: Value of 1958 New Standard Encyclopedia

I have a full set of the New Standard Encyclopedia, 1958 edition, plus 2 volume dictionary. These books are in excellent condition. What would be a resell value?

By Kathy M.

Question: Value of New Educator Encyclopaedia

I need a value of a New Educator Encyclopaedia 1947 edition. It is in very good condition.

By Ian from Pretoria, RSA

Question: Value of Grolier's World Book of Knowledge

I have a full set (A to Z) of Grolier's World Book of Knowledge, which are in excellent condition and are over 30 years old. I am looking to sell, but I am unsure of their worth.

By Brian D.

Question: Value of Chambers Encyclopedia 1973

I have a set of 15 Chambers encyclopedias from 1973 in very good condition. I was wondering if these are worth anything?

By Derren D.

Best Answer

By Louise B.02/04/2014

No. Old encyclopedia are not worth anything. It is difficult to give them away. Sometimes people use them for crafts, such as paper carving or for lamps. Advertise on something like freecycle to see if someone will take them off your hands. No charity will take them.

Question: Value of World Book Encyclopedias

How much is a set of 1977 World Book encyclopedias, volumes 1-22 worth in excellent condition?

By Lynn H.

Question: Value of 1954 New Pictorial Encyclopedia of the World

How much money would this set go for? It is an almost complete set, one book is missing, volume 13. The set was 1-18. It is in very good condition.

By Helen L.

Question: Value of Compton's Pictured Encyclopedia 1952

I have a complete set of the Compton's Pictured Encyclopedia 1952 edition. They are in excellent condition and were hardly touched. Does anyone know if they're worth anything?

By Jessie M.

Question: Value of Werner's Encyclopedias

I have a 12 volume set of Werner's Universal Encyclopedias, copyright 1899. They are in fairly good shape. Any idea of their worth and where to sell them?

By Mary

Question: Value of 1905 New International Encyclopedias

Spine of volume, with light spots.I have a complete set in pretty good condition. The pages and binding are good. The only damage are some faded spots on the cover. The cover is a canvas type material and while it is discolored, there isn't any damage. What should I do with them? Have them repaired, donate them, or sell them? Cover page.

By Janice F. from Cornwall, NY

Question: Worth of Encyclopedia Americana

I have a set of Encyclopedia Americana, International Edition, 30 volumes, 1st published 1829, copyright 1965. They are in mint condition. Can you tell me an approximate worth?

By Doris

Question: Value of Encyclopedias

Do old encyclopedias carry any value?

By Deborah

Question: Value of 1903 Encyclopedia Britannica

I have a full set of 1903 Encyclopedia Britannica, 10th Edition with the revised American Supplement, New Werner edition. They are in pretty good shape from what I can tell. Anyone know how much they might be worth or where to sell them?

By Jason W.

I have the World Book Encyclopedia from 1990 to 2002 including, 24 volumes, yearbooks, science and medicine volume, plus dictionary and atlas.

Best quality, perfect condition. Three books still sealed. I also have the Volume Library, in perfect condition 1989-1992. It is the gold trimmed edition.

By Denise P.

Question: Value of The New Oxford Encyclopedic Dictionary

I found a set of 1981 The New Oxford Encyclopedic Dictionary, 8 volumes, in the shed at Dad's. He said I could have them. I am just wondering if they would be worth anything at all?

By Cam P.

Question: 1895 People's Cyclopedia of Universal Knowledge

View of spines of the books.I recently acquired a full set, in excellent condition from 1895. They are titled 'People's Cyclopedia of Universal Knowledge' Edited by W.H. De Puy. The set contains all six volumes and there are no torn pages or hand-written notes in them. As a bonus, there was also a hand-written teaching certificate folded up in one of the volumes dated 1901. Any information on these or their value would be greatly appreciated. Volumes lying on an antique cabinet with low mirrored back. Decorative endsheet inside front cover. Cover page. Sample page. Teaching certificate.

By Lari L.

Question: Value of Children's Britannica Encyclopaedia

I have the 1960 Children's Britannica Encyclopedia, all in good condition with the usual/expected discolouration from storage.

Volumes 1 to 12 (12 being INDEX).

I wonder, can they be valued at all?

Many thanks indeed.

By Adam

Question: Value of Colliers Encyclopedias

I have a set of Colliers New Encyclopedia Anniversary Edition 1928. There are 10 books, and looking old, but in still reasonable shape, Is there a value to these and what is the value?

By Janice M. from Winnipeg, Manitoba

Question: Value of World Book Encyclopedia

I have a full set of 1984 World Book encyclopedias. Any idea of their value?

By JA Elder

Question: Vintage Britannica Encyclopedia Value

What is the value of the Encyclopedia Britannica, copyright 1895. They are paperback, full set of 20, and in good shape.

By Benny

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Americana

I have a complete collection of 1936 Americana, volumes 1-30. I want to know if they are worth anything.

By Keith

Question: Value of 1943 Book of Knowledge Children's Encyclopedia

My parents and I just moved and we came across the 1943 complete set of the Book of Knowledge Children's Encyclopedia. All books are hard-cover. They are in fair to good condition with the spine and and edges worn, but all pages are intact. What's the value of this complete set?

By Jennifer C.

Question: Value of Mechanix Illustrated How to Do It Encyclopedia

I have the Mechanix Illustrated How to Do It Encyclopedia published in 1961. Dopes anyone know if it has any value?

By Carol

Question: Value of 1935 Wonder Book of World Progress

I am trying to find the approximate value of a ten volume 1935 edition of the Wonder Book of World Progress by Henry Smith Williams. It is in very good shape.

By Darlene from Spartanburg, SC

Question: Value 1894 Chambers Encyclopedias

What is the value of a set of Chambers Encyclopedias from 1894? It is a full set A-Z.

By Stacey

Question: Illustrated Encyclopedia Of The Modern World 1956

I have a full 20 volume set of the Illustrated Encyclopedia Of The Modern World 1956, in pristine condition. I was wondering how much they are worth.

Thanks to whomever can help me :)

By Jamiann

Question: Value of Funk and Wagnalls New Illustrated Encyclopedia of Family Health

I have a 1988 edition of the Funk and Wagnalls "New Illustrated Encyclopedia of Family Health. It is in very good condition. They consist of volumes 1 thru 24 and look like they have never been read. Is there any value or interest in this set? How much is it worth?

By B. Kris

Question: Value of Universal Knowledge Encyclopedia Set

I have an 1881 Library of Universal Knowledge encyclopedia set. All 15 books are in good condition. Are they worth anything?

Thank you.

By Cam

Question: Value of New Standard Encyclopedias

I have a full set, leather bound, New Standard Encyclopedias from 2006. Sadly, it is still wrapped in plastic. I paid over $3k. What is value now and best way to sell?

By Malea

Question: Value of 1910 Werner Encyclopedias

I found a set of Werner Encyclopedias from 1910 in a hidden room of the house I just moved into. I am trying to figure out if they're worth anything. I got no help from Google. Any ideas?

By A. Bry from Los Angeles, CA

Question: Value of Old Encyclopedias

Closeup of volumes.I have 4 volumes of 1887 Johnson's Universal Cyclopaedia volumes I,II,IV, and V. They are in great shape for their age. Any idea on value? I also have The New International Encyclopaedia 1911editions vol.I,II,VIII,X,XII,XIII,XIV,XIX,XX, with the New International 1910 yearbook and courses of reading and study. Johnson's Universal Cyclopaedia

By kpn.mannaz from Lawrence KS

Question: Value of Children's Golden Encyclopedia

I am trying to find the value of the Children's Golden Encyclopedia volumes 1 and 2, J.R Crossland, 1934.

By Suzanne from Bakewell

Question: Value of Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon Encyclopedia

I have a copy of the 6th edition, entitled Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon, German 1906 encyclopedia set. It is in fair to good condition. Any suggestion on finding the value?

By Leah H from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Question: Value of Children's Encyclopaedias

I have several volumes of Arthur Mee's Children's Encyclopaedias from 1901, in good state. Does anyone know their value?

By Kinga

Question: Value of 1942 American Educator Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of 1942 The American Educator Encyclopidia in great condition. I haven't had luck finding the value of them so if anyone could help me out I would love it.

By Denell

Question: Value of 1952 Encyclopedia Britannica

I have a full set of 1952 Encyclopedia Britannica with World Atlas and 1953, 1954, and 1955 edition Year Books.
They are in very good condition and in their original bookcase. I wonder if they are of value. I hate to throw them away. I love books...seeming a lost art anymore.

By CH from Burlington, NC

Question: Value of Chamber's Encyclopedias

I have 4 volumes of Chamber's Encyclopedia (1860 version) in good condition. Does anyone know an approximate value of these books?

By Susan D.

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

Yes, about $80-120 a piece.

Question: Value of 1974 World Book Encyclopedia Set

I have a full set of 1974 World Book encyclopedias by Field Enterprises Educational Corporation. They are in very good condition. I also have a set (2 volumes) of The Americana 1967 annuals by the Americana Corporation. They too are in very good condition. I inherited all of them from my grandmother.

What would these be worth?

By Robert

Question: Value of 1922 Grolier's Book of Knowledge

Three volumes.We have a full set of this encyclopedia, 21 books, all in good condition. Any suggestions?

By Pat

Question: Value of American International Encyclopedia

I have a full set of American International Encyclopedias printed in 1944; is there a value?

By Jeanette O.

Question: Value of 1890 Encyclopedic Dictionary Set

I am wondering how much my dictionary set, circa 1890, would possibly be worth, ball park? It is in fair condition.

By Darin

Question: Value of 1960 Merit Students Encyclopedias

I have a set of 20, Merit Students Encyclopedias from 1960. What could the possible value of them be?

By Melissa.V

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Americana and Year Books

Set of Americana.I own the 1973 - 30 volume set of Encyclopedia Americana and annual year books 1973-1993. How much are these worth? Where could I sell them?

By Jake

Question: Value of 1954 World Family Encyclopedia

I have a full set in excellent condition. It is a first edition. What is the value? I am looking to sell.

By Kat

Most Recent Answer

By Jess10/29/2013

I see this question asked a lot. Usually, they are worthless except for craft projects, because they are so outdated with incorrect information. You might try selling them as a set online but shipping will be probably more than the encyclopedias are worth.

Encyclopedias that are over 100 years old or have some other historical significance might be worth something. In that case, I would take it to a bookstore that specializes in old or rare books.

Good luck, let us know what the outcome is?

Question: Cyclopedia Value

What would be the approximate value of complete set of "cyclopedia", copywrite 1898.

By Howard

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

About $50 each

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Set

White bound encyclopedia volume.Are Funk and Wagnalls Standard Reference Encyclopedias Yearbooks from 1971 to 1990 in fair/good condition worth anything of value?

By Stephanie

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Sets

I am trying to get an estimated value for the 1937 Encyclopedia of Health and the 1958 Encyclopedia of America. Thanks.

By Trinity Z

Most Recent Answer

By Jess10/24/2013

Encyclopedia sets are virtually worthless unless they are very old or rare. As the information is now out of date, they are mostly used for craft projects. You might be able to sell them for that purpose, but shipping them out of your area would probably cost more than you could get for the books.

Good luck and let us know what you wind up doing with them.

Question: Value of Disney Wonderful World of Knowledge

I was wondering how much Disney's Wonderful World of Knowledge Encyclopedias were worth? I have 20, in marvelous condition, hardly used, covered in a see through protective covering.

By J. Naxton from North Yorkshire

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

Anything Disney has value but it depends on condition and how many of the item exists today. I would hold onto them for another 30-50 years to increase their value, keep them in a temperature and humidity controlled environment.

Question: Value of Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia

Row of books.How much would a whole set of Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia be worth? I'm pretty sure it's a 1971 set.

By Tammy D

Question: Value of The Children's Encyclopedia

I have a set of The Children's encyclopaedia edited by Arthur Mee, published by the Educational Book Company, and copyrighted in the USA. There are 8 volumes, in very good condition. I believe it is from sometime between 1920 to 1930 as the illustrations are of that period. Are they of any value, as I want to put them into auction? I also have 8 volumes of The New World of Today, published 1921, excellent condition, by A R Hope Moncreiff, published by The Gresham Publishing Company, LTD.

By David

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

I would like to see pics and condition, these are not priceless but are worth keeping.

Question: Value of 1968 Popular Mechanics Encyclopedia

I am trying to find the value of the Popular Mechanics Do It Youself encyclopedia, 1968 edition.

By Erich

Question: Value of Revai Nagy Lexikona Hungarian Encyclopedia

What would be the value of a 21 book set of Revai Nagy Lexikona Encyclopedias (Hungarian) dated 1911-1935?

By Linda

Question: Value of 1940 Set of Standard Encyclopedias

How much is a set of this nature worth? They are in excellent condition. They are a burgundy hard covered pictorial set, produced by the Chicago encyclopedia corporation.

By Renee

Question: Value of Modern Concise Encyclopedia Set

Cover page.I have a full set, in good condition of the 1941 New York Unicorn Press edition. I am interested in knowing their value and possibly selling them depending on their value right now. Stack of books.

By Nikki

Question: Selling Chamber's Encyclopaedia 1860-80

I have 10 volumes of Chamber's Encyclopaedia 1860-80, in quite good condition.
I like them because they look really nice in the bookshelves. Unfortunately, I no longer have enough space for them. Are they possible to sell?

By Malin from Stockholm, Sweden

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

$80-120 a piece

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Britannica-1933

I bought 3 volumes of Encyclopedia Britannica printed in 1933. I don`t know the possible value, can anybody help me?

By Valentina F.

Question: Value of 1895 Chambers Encyclopedia

I would like to find the value of the Chambers Enclyclopaedia New Editon 1895 Green and Gold and I am looking for volume VII: ROUT - PEAR.

By Mrs Baker

Question: Value of 1935 National Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of 1935 National Encyclopedia hardback books in near mint condition with the question manual by P.F. Collier and son Corporation. It originally belonged to my grandmother and has been in storage for the last 40 years.
How much are these worth?

By J.A.

Question: Value of The Modern World Encyclopedia

What is the value of the set of, The Modern World Encyclopaedia Illustrated, vols 1 - 9 printed in 1935? The books are in good condition and I was looking to understand what the value of this set was.

By Kevin G

Question: Value of 1969 International Wildlife Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of 20 volumes of the International Wildlife Encyclopedia, publish date 1969. General editors Dr Maurice Burton and Robert Burton. Cover/

These books are fully a illustrated library of all animals, birds, fish, insects, and reptiles of the world. The condition is fair for the age, some small marks and the hardback covers have yellowed, but all pages are intact and in good condition. Can you tell me if they are worth me selling? Volumes in box.

By Kate K

Question: 1924 10 Volume Set of World Book Enclopedias

I have a set that are in pretty good condition from what I know. Can anyone tell me what these may be worth and where I might be able to sell them?

By Ashley

Question: Value of 1896 Dictionary of Arts Sciences and General Literature

Inside cover page.We have a set of 1896 Encyclopedia Britannica Dictionary of Arts Sciences and General Literature. My husband bought this set in 1979 and we really don't want to keep it anymore. It is complete with 26 volumes and is in good condition. I have no idea what this set might be worth. Ideas? One of the volumes.

By acook1432

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

$40-75 a piece

Question: Value of 1954 Universal Standard Encyclopedia Set

What is the value of a 1954 Universal Standard encyclopedia set?

By Denise

Question: Value of National Encyclopedia 1873

What would be the value of the National Encyclopedia, Colange, 1873? It has 980 pages, with a some pages dedicated to seals of the States and there are 31 State Seals.

By Dennis

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

$40-75

Question: Encyclopedia Brittanica 1950 Edition

Is it worth anything or should I donate to a charity?

By Fred

Question: Value of 1945 Americana Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of 1945 Enclyopedia Americana. What is it worth?

By Alfred B.

Question: 1924 World Book Encyclopedias

I have a set of 1924 Work Book Encyclopedias minus the 4th book. What are they worth?
I also have two volumes of the World at War 1916. They were copyrighted in 1921.

By Olen G.

Question: Value of an 1874 Appleton's Encyclopedia Vol IX HOR-KIN

I am looking for the value of an 1874 Appleton's Encyclopedia Vol IX HOR-KIN. I only have the one book, but it's in beautiful condition.

By Dawn M

I have a full set of New Standard Encyclopedias from 1965. Are they worth anything?

By Pam S

Question: Encyclopedia Britannica

I have a complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica from 1955 and 10 Books of the Year from 1956 to 1966 all in great condition. I am wondering if they are worth anything?

By Kerry

Question: Value of Oldhams New Illustrated Animal Kingdom

I have a complete set of Oldhams New Illustrated Animal Kingdom, 1940. What are they worth?

By Diane W

Question: 1929 14th Edition Encyclopedia Britannica

I obtained these from my late uncle's law library. It truly looks like they were never looked at (just for decoration!). I have all volumes and they are in pristine condition. Value?

By Sandra R. from Dallas, TX

I have a complete set of the World Book Encyclopedia, published in 1929 and it is in great condition. Any value to it? I need to downsize.

By S S

Question: Value of The Wonder Book

What is the value of a 10 volume set of The Wonder Book by Henry Smith Williams (1935)?
All 10 books are in good condition.

By L Simmons

Question: Value of a Set of The Americana Annual

I have 44 of these encyclopedias, from 1961-2004, in excellent condition. They all have paper covers on each book. What do you think the value on the set would be?

By Pam

Question: Value of Antique Encyclopedia

I have volume VI of the Phar.QR. Salse dictionary and cyclopedia, copyright 1889; just the one book.

By Christine

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

$35

Question: Value of New Americanized Encyclopedia Britannica

Row of books.I have a set of New Americanized Encyclopedia Britannica, (twentieth century edition) published by the Saalfield Publishing Company. The small print says, made by The Werner Company, Akron, Ohio.
I've found that this company published these encyclopedias from 1903 to 1907 (?) and was at some point, sued for copyright violations.
I have volumes 2-14. (volume X - ( tribu-zym) says "in ten volumes"", volume XI starts over with (Aachen-Cinque) and says "in fourteen volumes"). The books range in condition from OK to poor. They have beautiful maps that may be of value even if the books themselves aren't.
Can someone give me an idea of the value of these encyclopedias?
Thanks. View of spine and cover. Cover page.

By Suzanne N

Question: Colliers Encyclopedias and Yearbooks

I have a 20 volume set of 1957 edition of Collier's Encyclopedias in very good condition. Also, Collier's Encyclopedia yearbooks from 1957 through1991. Is there any value on them, or do I donate them to a book store?

By Joe V.

Question: Value of 1768 Encyclopedia Britannica

Volumes on shelf.I have the full set of 1768 Encyclopedia Britannica copyright 1972. There are 22 volumes, plus the world atlas, dictionaries, and index. It's in pretty good condition and I would like to know the value. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

By Christine from San Bruno, CA

Question: 1989 World Book Encyclopedia

I have a full set of the 1989 World Book Encyclopedia and would like to know the value. Thanks!

By Christine

Question: Value of The Mother's Encyclopedia

What is the value of the Mother's Encyclopedia in six volumes, 1942? It is in very good condition.

By Arlene

Question: Value of 1954 World Book Encyclopedia Set

I have a complete set of 1954 World Book encyclopedias. The color is dark red and they are in good shape though they smell old. Have they any worth other than sentimentality?

By Gwynn

Question: Value of 1927 World Book Encyclopedias

I have a complete set of 1927 World Book encyclopedias. They are in really good condition and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a rough estimate of their value?

By Jeff D.

Question: Value of Vintage Set of Britannica Encyclopedias

Are my full set of green Britannicca encyclopedia books worth anything? I've had them over 20 years and my parents had them for years before. I am just wondering. Thanks. x

By Joanne

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

Date?

Question: Value of Universal Standard Encyclopedias

I have a 1956 set of Universal Standard Encyclopedias, red. Any information about these, including their worth? Thanks.

By Susan B.

Question: 1959 Encyclopaedia Britannica and Year Books

I have recently inherited a full set (24 volumes) of 1959 encyclopaedia Britannica from 1959. It is in fair condition, the spines are all intact and all of the pages are intact, covers are in perfect condition. I am looking for a value to these books. I wish to sell them. I am also in possession of a complete set of the Britannica Book of the Year series from 1960 to 2006 all in mint condition some still in plastic wrapping and I need a value for those as well.

By Jennifer L

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Americana 1937

I have a complete set, 30 volumes, of the Encyclopedia Americana, from 1937, Universal Knowledge. By Americana Corporation 1937, W.B. McConkey Company, printed in U.S.A.
Does anyone know the value of the set? Thank you

By jac

Question: Value of the Americana Annuals

Red leather bound annual.I have the Americana annuals from 1937 to 1947, including the 25th anniversary edition. Does anyone know value? Thank you.

By Jac from Oshawa, Ontario

Question: Value of 1891 People's Encyclopedia

I have a set of The People's Encyclopedia from 1891, a 4 volume set. The books are intact though the side bindings have come loose. Any ideas on their worth?

By Janet

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

20$ if binding is fixed.

Question: Value of 1955 Universal Standard Encyclopedias

I have a full set of the 1955 edition Universal Standard encyclopedias. What's the value of these encyclopedias?

By Dee C.

Question: Encyclopedia Britannica

Encyclopedias on bookshelf.I have a complete set of 1958 Encyclopedia Britannica including the original bookcase in good condition. Is it worth anything?

By Jessica

Question: Value of World Book Encyclopedia Set 1988

I have a mint condition 1988 World Book encyclopedia, complete set, along with the 1988 year book for this set. It has never been used and has gold gilt writing on the bindings along with gold on the tops of all pages. I was wondering how much this set would be worth.

By Brittany C.

Question: Value of Unicersal Standard encyclopedia

I have the complete set from 1 to 25, copyright 1954 in very good condition. How much is this worth?

By Louise L from Shrbrooke, Quebec

Question: The Old West Encyclopedia Set

What is this set worth in good condition?

By Concetta

Question: Value of 1904 Compton's Encyclopedias

I have a set of 1904 Compton's Encyclopedias. I believe the "M" book is missing. Are they worth anything? Would they be worth anything if I could ever locate another "M" book? They are in pretty decent condition.

By CAT

Question: Winston Cumulative Loose-Leaf Encyclopedias

I have a full set-10 volumes, copyright 1921. They are like new, with payment coupons still attached. How much would these be worth?

By Joan A. from Bloomingale, IL

Question: 1883 American Cyclopedia Set

I have 11 volumes of American Cyclopedia (printed 1883) and 18 volumes of Annual Cyclopedia (from 1875 to 1900). They are in beautiful condition on the inside. The outside leather has signs of rubbing and wear. I was wondering the value of the books, both monetarily and historic.

By Scott H.

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

$35-100 a piece

Question: Value of Britannica Macropaedia

I have The New Encyclopaedia Britannica Macropaedia volumes 1-19. It says it's a 15th edition. It's 1943-1973. I also have two books of the years. I'm not even sure what that means. What is the value of these books?

By Pam K. from Melbourne, FL

Question: Value of 1971 World Book Encyclopedias

I have a set of 1971 World Book encyclopedias along with World Book encyclopedia dictionaries all in excellent condition. Does anybody know how much these would be worth?

By Alex U.

Question: Encyclopedia Americana 1959 Edition

Several volumes of encyclopedia.I have a complete set, in excellent condition, of The Encyclopedia Americana, 1959 Edition. Can you tell me it's value and where I would look to sell them? Thank you!

By K Jones

Question: Value of 1962 Britannica

I have a complete set of encyclopaedia Britannica 1962 in great condition. I know they are probably not worth a lot, but am curious to know roughly what $$$ they are worth.

By Mack

Question: Selling Encyclopaedia Britannica

Single volume.I have a complete set of the 1768 15th edition Encyclopaedia Britannica and all 30 volumes are in excellent condition. Where would I be able to find how much they are worth and where would I be able to sell them easily?

By Sonia L.

Most Recent Answer

By Joshua Alan B.03/22/2014

What year? 1768 is not the correct year for the item you pictured.

Question: Value of 1960 Encyclopedia Britannica

Volumes on a bookshelf.How much is a 1960 Encyclopedia Britannica set (24 volume) worth?

By Susan L.

Question: Encyclopedia Britannia 1768 14th Edition

I would like to know how much my fourteenth edition Encyclopedia Britannia 1768 is worth and who I would sell it to if I wanted to? Front cover. Title page. Pile of books.

By Ashley

Most Recent Answer

By mrmima08/21/2013

It's not a 1768 set, the 14th edition ran from 1929. 1768 is the date the first edition were released ok pal

Question: 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica Value

I have a complete set of 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica, including the extra volumes. What may they be worth in good but used condition, no mold, all pages in tact?

By Albert M.

We have volumes 1 to 25 dating 1971 to 1972 including the 1983 year book. They are all in good condition. Any feedback on a value would be appreciated.

By Amanda

Question: Value of 1968 World Book Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of 1968 World Book encyclopedias. How much are they worth today? They are in good condition.

By Lynette C from North Brunswick, NJ

Most Recent Answer

By Marie Brack06/15/2013

Encyclopedia sets don't have much value. Usually nobody will buy them. Maybe your local recycling company would recycle them.

Question: Lone Star Edition of Encyclopedias

I have a full set of books from 1908-1922, Lone Star edition. They are in decent condition. The fronts are embroidered with the Texas star. How much could they be worth? I can't find them any where else.

By Nick

Question: 1973 Funk & Wagnalls New Encyclopedia Set

Does anyone know what this set would be worth? All volumes are in excellent shape.

By Mary B

Question: Value of Encyclopaedia Britannica, Fourteenth Edition

Red volume.I have a full set of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 14th Edition, with copyright 1929, 1930, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939 printed inside. Red covers (faux leather?), gold stamped on the front. I have searched, but did not see any sets out there with the type of geometric design on the spine like these. Are these worth anything? Thanks!

By MJ

Question: Green's History of The English People (449-1815)

I have Green's History of The English People (449-1815). It is a ten volume set. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what this set might be worth. I have all ten volumes in tact.

Thank you.

By Patrick

Question: Chamber's Encyclopedias

We have a complete set, 10 volumes 1888-1892), of Chamber's encyclopedias, mostly in good condition for their age. I was wondering what they may be worth, if anything?

By Karina R.

Most Recent Answer

By Marie Brack06/15/2013

There are dozens of questions on this site about the value of old encyclopedia sets.

It would be great if Thrifty Fun would just put a notice on the front page that old encyclopedias have no value. Then we wouldn't have to give the same answer a lot of different times.

Question: Selling Old Encyclopedias

I have a 20 book, full set of encyclopedias. They are in excellent condition, copyright of 1992, hardback. I'd like to know how much they are worth. Any help?

By Megan D.

Question: Compton's Encyclopedia Set

I have a full set of Compton's encyclopedias dated 1924. They are in very good condition. Any ideas of the value?

By Jean

Question: Value of 1890 Appleton Encyclopedias

I have a set of Appleton encyclopedias from 1890. Was inquiring about their worth and finding any potential buyers.

By Roscoe from Muncie

Question: Value of a 1977 Academic American Encyclopedia Set

I have an entire set of Academic American Encyclopedias, from 1977. They're in good condition. Any ideas of the value?

By Jobe M.

Question: Value of Twentieth Century Encyclopaedia, Library of Universal Knowledge, Illustrated

We have all 6 books of the Twentieth Century Encyclopedia, Library of Universal Knowledge, illustrated. It was published in 1911. It is hardly used and we are trying to find a fair market value for them.

By 4 Your Home 2

Question: Value of Old Books and Encyclopedias

Volumes of encyclopedias.I have many old books and would like to determine if there is any value. What might be the value of a 10 volume set of "Wonder Book of the World's Progress." Funk and Wagnall's New York and London. Published 1935. Excellent condition. Cover page of encyclopedia.

By Megan C-F

Question: The New Caxton Encyclopedia

I have a full set (18) of 1966 New Caxton encyclopedias by Purnell and Sons, Ltd. I am just wondering if they are worth any money? They are used, but in good condition.

By Mandie C

Question: Value of Newnes Pictorial Knowledge Encyclopedia

I have the a set of Newnes Pictorial Knowledge, numbered 1-9, the Special Australian Edition. It is used, but in very good condition. I can not seem to find a year on the books, but it also has 2 extra books in the set called:
Newnes Pictorial Knowledge Dictionary and
Newnes Pictorial Knowledge Atlas

Just wondering if these would be worth any money?

By Mandie C

Question: Value of Chambers Encyclopaedias

I have a 1924 set of green hardback Chambers Encyclopaedias. There are 9 volumes, in very good condition. What would they be worth?

By Sandy

Question: 1990 New World of Knowledge Encyclopedia

How much money is the 1990 New World of Knowledge encyclopedia worth?
I'm tying to sell my set

By Alexa

Question: Value of the Book of the Year Encyclopedias

I have the "Book of the Year" from 1965-1989. How much are they worth? They are in good condition.

By Nkg

Question: Value of Old Encyclopedias

I am questioning the value of: 1939 Webster's Dictionary, good condition, 1926 Winstin's Loose-Leaf Encyclopedia, fair condition, 1948 Funk and Wagnall's new Standard Encyclopedia, good condition, and 1957 World Book Encyclopedia, good condition.

By Paula E.

Most Recent Answer

By Becky Hansen05/19/2013

This is strickly my opinion but, I think probably they would only be valuable to a collector or to your local library.
Becky H.

Question: History of the 20th Century Encyclopedias

Cover with embossed name.My husband has a pristine set of History of 20th Century encyclopaedias. I've tried to sell them through various sources, all to no avail! I know things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them, but I think they must be useful to somebody? What do you think they're worth? They're taking up space we could make use of.

By Val

Question: Waverley Book of Knowledge

I have 8 leather-bound volumes, plus dictionary of Waverley Book of Knowledge, in excellent condition purchased in 1958. Are they worth anything?

By Steel, D

Question: Value of New Standard Encyclopedia

What is value of a set of New Standard Encyclopedia copyright 1949, Chicago Standard Education Society? It is in good condition.

By Deena from west Monroe, LA

Question: Value of Encyclopedia

How do I find the value of an old encyclopedia I have?

By Carol

Question: Value of Children's Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of Children's Encyclopedia copyrighted in the 50s. What are they worth?

By cs

By cs

Question: Value of World's Popular Encyclopedia 1937

I have a set of the World's Popular encyclopedia published in 1937. It is in excellent condition. Any help or direction in finding the answer is appreciated.

By MJ

Question: Value of The Giant International Series 1928

I have a full set of the Giant International Series, 1928. I'd appreciate any help in finding out the best way to find the value. Thanks.

By MJ

Question: 1955 Edition of The Encyclopedia Americana

How much would this whole set of the 1955 edition of the Encyclopedia Americana be worth? It is in very good condition, smoke free home for 11 years.

By Ginnie O

Question: World Book Encyclopedia Value

What is the value of a like new, wine and gold trim, set of the 1987 World Book Encyclopedia?

By Ann

Question: Encyclopedia Set Value

I am looking for the possible value of a complete 10 volume set of The University Encyclopedia of Twentieth Century Knowledge with a 1902 copyright date. This set is in very good condition with only some loose binding; spines are strong for their age. The editor of this set is Henry M. MacCracken, D.D., LL.D, then Chancellor of New York University. It was published in New York by The Co-operative Publication Society and copyrighted by P. F. Collier and Son

By clee from Moose Lake, MN

Question: Children's Golden Book Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition

I have a complete set of "The Golden Book Encyclopedia, Deluxe Edition" from1959. it is in good condition, with wonderful colorful graphics. I am wondering if they have any value?

By Jeanie

Question: Value of The Encyclopedia Americana 1951

Could anyone tell me what this set is worth?

I have a complete set of 30 volumes and in very nice condition of 'The Encyclopedia Americana' 1951 edition. These are all hardbound; complete from A to Z.
The editors are: A.H. McDonald, B.L. Editor in Chief (Emeritus)
LAVINIA P. DUDLEY, Litt. D., Executive Editor of Americana Publications
ROBERT C. WALLACE, Ph.D., D.S. c., L.L.D., Editor for Cananda

By Molly A.

Question: 1920's Edition of The Book of Knowledge

Cover of volume.I have a 20 volume set of The Book of Knowledge. (Arthur Mee Editor-In-Chief). Inside it states Copyright, 1926,1927, The Grolier Society, Copyright 1923,1924,1925,1926,1927 by The Amalgamated Press (1922) Limited.
The books are hardcover, green cloth with gold imprint. The books are in excellent condition with minimal damage inside the back cover of book 1 only. Title page.

What would it be worth to a collector today?

By Diane M.

Question: 1900 Universal Encyclopedia

I have a complete encyclopedia set of Universal Cyclopedia, D. Appleton and Company, New York - A.J. Johnson Company 1900. Does anyone have any idea what this could be worth?

By Lucy M from Maple, Ontario, Canada

Question: Value of Encyclopedias

I have the complete 20 volume set of the Book of Knowledge, The Children's Encyclopedia Encyclopedias dated 1926 (The Grolier Society). I'm wondering what it is worth?

Also I have a set of the New Educator Encyclopaedia dated 1947, General Press Service Toronto. I'm wondering what the value of this set might be.

By Sue K

Question: Value of Standard American Encyclopedia 1937-1938

What would Standard American encyclopedias be worth? I am missing vol. 10, 11, 13, 14, and 15. They are in good condition with tight bindings, but with some water damage on covers. The pages are not yellowed and very clean. These have red covers and dates are from 1936-1941. Thank you.

By Sherry R. from Joplin, MO

Question: Value of 1892 Everybody's Pocket Cyclopaedia

I was given an original 1892 Everybody's Pocket Cyclopaedia of Things Worth Knowing, Thing Difficult to Remember, and Tables of Reference, by Don Lemon.

How rare/common is this book and what would be its today's value?

By Pedro

Question: Value of Americana Encyclopedia 1829-1949

Title page.I have a 30 volume set plus annuals of The Americana Encyclopedia 1829-1949.
I am trying to find out what it's worth?
Thanks. Books in a packing box.

By Dale from Kansas City

Question: Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Sets

I have the following sets, in excellent condition.
1. The Science Library Volume 1 - 6 Published by Grosset and Dunlap New York. Copyright 1962, 1971, 1975. Printing 1980
2. The New Complete Medical and Health Encyclopedia Volume 1-4 Edited by Richard J Wagman M.D., F.A.C.P Published by JG Ferguson Chicago. Copyright 1977
3. Colliers Encyclopedia Full set (24 Books) including index and bibliography, 9 Yearbooks 1981 - 1989 and Colliers Dictionary (2 Books) A-K and L-Z. Copyright 1980
Is there any value to these books?

By Sandra H

Question: Value of 1973 World Book Encyclopedia

I have the entire set of 1973 World Book encyclopedias. What might they be worth if I were to sell them?

By Lisa V. from Lake Worth, FL

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/19/2013

They have no value at all as encyclopedia. You may find someone who can give them to for some sort of craft. Some people carve into them and make sculptures out of such books. Some people use them as lamp bases. However, no one is going to pay for them. Advertise them to give away on Kijii or freecycle or something like that.

Question: Value of an Incomplete 1905 Set of Encyclopedias

I have 30 of a 33 volume set of Science encyclopedias published by PF Collier and Son in 1905. The volumes are Origin of the Species by Darwin, Science and Education by Huxley, several volumes by Tyndall Fragments of Science and Sound plus many more. They are in very good condition overall. One has damage to the front cover and a few covers and spines have sunlight lightening. All volumes have tight bindings; all pages are without marks (except for library markings) and pages are without folds or tears. What is their value as an incomplete set?

By Miriam M

Question: Value of Encyclopedia set

I have a 27 volume set of The Illustrated Home Library Guild edition, with, red covers with sewn spines. Copyright 1956. They re in excellent condition. What are they worth?

By Catherine M.

Question: Value of the Modern Encyclopedia

Closed and open volume.My aunt recently died and left me a couple of books. The first is titled: "The Modern Encyclopedia" Complete in One Volume. Illustrated, by Sit J. A Hammerton, London, The Amalgamated Press LTD. The second is titled: "Encyclopedia of Modern Knowledge. by Sir John Hammerton. The Waverley Book Company LTD. Any of these have any value?

By Renier from Gauteng, South Africa

Most Recent Answer

By Lewissan03/11/2013

Go to eBay.com and search for the book title and publish year and see what comes up. You can also search the completed auctions to see what has sold recently. Generally, even old encyclopedias don't have a high value because so many were saved, but there are exceptions so it's worth checking.

Question: Value of Blackie's Modern Encyclopedia Set

I'm wondering what the value of my full set of Blackie's Modern Encyclopedias is? It is 8 volumes, published in 1889-1890, all in very good condition. Edited by Charles Annandale

By Ruby R

Question: Value of Brittanica Year Books

Pages in year book.I have a collection of Brittanica Year books from 1960 thru 1974. They are in prime condition. No water damage, no loose pages, no spine breakage, and look as if they have never hardly been read. I was just wondering if these books might be worth anything as collectables as they cover highlights from all the years. Or would they be worth anything at all? 1973 spine.

By Angela A

Question: Value of the Children's Encyclopedia Set

Can anyone tell me how much my Children's encyclopedia set is worth? I have volume one to ten by Arthur Mee, published in the 1960s.

By Katie

Question: Value of 1951 Encyclopedia Americana

I have a complete set of encyclopedia Americana, 1951 edition, volumes 1-15. These books appear never to have been used. They are in the original wooden shipping box, marked, Encyclopedia Americana, Informing a Nation. The original shipping label is on the box. Are these valuable?

By ibewjimmy

Question: Oxford Junior Encyclopedia Set

I have a set of 11 brown and red Oxford Junior Encyclopedias (the Universe, Industry and Commerce, Natural History, etc.) printed in 1955. Are they worth anything? They are in great condition, but smell a bit musty as they have been in the attic for years. Many thanks!

By Tracey

Question: Value of The New Educator Encyclopedia 1943

It is a 1943 edition, editors are Ellsworth Foster and Karl Goodwin; 7 other contributors from Universities throughout Canada. It is a full set of 10 in good to very good condition.

Any idea of value?

By Crystal

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Set

I need to find the value of a 1987 Compton's encyclopedia complete set. (It is a Britannica publication.)

By Richard

Question: Value of 1972 Childcraft Encyclopedia Set

I am trying to find the value of a complete set of a 1972 edition of Childcraft encyclopedias. Can you help?

By Meredith

Question: Value of 1923 Encyclopedia Americana

Blue bound encyclopedias on a shelf.I have the 30 volume set of the 1923 Encyclopedia Americana. What would the value be for this set? All books are in near mint condition.

By Jay B

I have the 30 volume set of the 1923 Encyclopedia Americana. What would the value be for this set? All books are in near mint condition.

By Jay B

Question: Value of Encyclopedias

Does anyone know what the value is of a New Werner Edition, Encyclopaedia Britannica? It is the New American Supplement, Twentieth Century Edition, Revised, with Large Additions, To January 1,190, published by The Werner Company New York, Akron Ohio, Chicago 1902.
I have the full set and they are in good condition.

By dougheide

Question: Value of 1933 World Book Encyclopedia Set

Stack of blue covered encyclopedias.I have a complete set in strong condition of the 1933 World Book Encyclopedia. Anyone with any ideas of what this might be worth? View of page.

By Christine S

Question: Value of Animal World Encyclopedia

I have a 21 set of Animal World encyclopedias in excellent condition. I am wanting to now if they are worth anything and were to go. I also have 4 book set of The World of the Children in excellent condition by Stuart Miall dated 1957. Cover of Animal World book. Cover of the World of the Children.

By Tess

Question: Merit Science Library Encyclopedia 1970

I have the full set of the Science Library, volumes 1-6. It is in good condition. What would the value be?

By Robert

Question: Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedias

I have a full set of Funk & Wagnalls encyclopedias A-Z. They are possibly 30 years old or older. Is there a market for this set, that is in very good condition?

By Mella from Adelaide, South Australia

Question: Value of The Wonderland of Knowledge Encyclopedias

Do you know how much a full set of 12 encyclopaedias is worth?
Edited by Ernest Ogan
Printed in the 1930s
Pub: Odhams Press

By Esther A

Question: Value of Set of Home University Encyclopedias

I have a complete set, volume 1-12, of 1956 Home University Encyclopedias. They are in excellent condition. Are they worth anything and how do I sell them if they are of value?

By DJ

Question: Value of Funk and Wagnalls New Standard Encyclopedia

What is the worth of a complete set of Funk and Wagnalls New Standard Encyclopedia of Universal Knowledge published on August 11, 1910?

By Paden B.

Most Recent Answer

By jessaparker121702/25/2014

If you still have them and are willing to sell them please contact me and let me know what your thinking for them. - J. Parker

Question: Selling 1892 Chambers Encyclopedia Set

I have a complete 10 volume set of Chambers's Encyclopaedia, published by William and Robert Chambers, limited London and Edinburgh, J.B.Lippincott Company, Philadelphia 1892.
It is a perfect conservation. I would like sell it. Any suggestions?

By Maria C.

Question: Value of 1910 Encyclopedia Americana

I am missing one volume of a 1910 encyclopedia Americana. I am missing #2. How much is it worth with or without it?

By Mario

Question: Encyclopedia Americana, 1962 edition

How much would the entire set - 30 volumes - of Encyclopedia Americana, 1962 Edition cost? The whole set is in pristine condition, hardly ever used and stored in dry conditions. Hardback.

By Y.B.Gomez

Question: Value of Funk & Wagnall's New Encyclopedia

I have a full set of Funk & Wagnall's New Encyclopedia, volumes 1-29 published in 1972. It is in great condition.
How much is this set worth? Also where should I sell them? I live in the DC/metro area.

By Jenny C

Question: Columbia Encyclopedia Value

Blue bound volume of Columbia encyclopedia.I have the Columbia Encyclopedia, published by University Press, 1754-1893 In-Litteris Libertas, Clarke F. Ansley, editor in chief, New York, P.F. Collier and Son Corporation. I can't find what the value of this encyclopedia might be. Can anyone help?

By Kathy G

Question: Selling Set of Encyclopedias

I wish to sell a 1955 copyright edition of the World Book Encyclopedia and a Universal Standard Encyclopedia (New Funk and Wagnalls) copyright 1949,1951, 1952
It is a full set in good condition. How do I go about selling them?

By Ron F.

Question: Value of Vintage Encyclopedias

I have a complete 1977 set of The New Book of Knowledge encyclopedias. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they are worth anything. They are in decent shape.

By Tina E

Question: Value of Vintage Encyclopedia Set

What is the value of a 1995 encyclopedia set in excellent condition?

By Linda M.

Question: Value of New International Encyclopedias

What is the value of the New International Encyclopedia, 1905-Dodd, Mead and CO-20 volumes.

By Dennis

Question: Value of 1923 Collier Encyclopedia Set

What is the value of this 8 volume set? It is in fair condition, in hard cover.

By Rick S.

Question: Value of 1955 Oxford Junior Encyclopaedia

I would like to know the value of a 12 book set of 1955 Oxford Junior encyclopaedias.

By John from Leicester

Question: Value of 1956 Universal Standard Encyclopedia

Stack of encyclopedias.I have a set of 1956 Universal Standard Encyclopedias in excellent condition. I am told these were sold week by week in the grocery store in John Day, Oregon during that time. Does anyone know what, if anything, they might be worth? The pictures are pretty cool. I'm thinking they would be worthwhile for crafting if nothing else, although they are really beautiful books.

By Mel

Question: Value of Wonder World: A Library of Knowledge

I have volumes 1-11of Our Wonder World "A Library of Knowledge" by Geo. L. Shulman & Company, printed in 1929. They have slight wear on corners and bindings. I wondered if there is any value for the complete set?

By Dan G.

Question: Value of Childrren's Encyclopedia

I have some books that where passed down through our family. I couldn't say how old they are exactly. I have volumes 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 of The Children's Encyclopedia by Aurthur Mee. I was wondering if they have any value at all just out of curiosity. Thanks.

By Una

Question: Rarity of Appleton's Universal Cyclopaedia and Atlas

I have recently acquired a 12 volume set of these books, with a publish date of 1902 and copyright date of 1901. I planned on reading them, but after finding no info about them, I am wondering just how common this set is. They are leather bound, black and burgundy in colour.
Thanks.

By Josh A.

Question: Funk and Wagnall's New Encyclopedia 1983

I have a full set of this encyclopedia including 29 reference books and 1 family legal guide. Is there any value to this set and if so how would I go about selling them? They are in perfect condition.

By Josh M

Question: Caxton Encyclopedias

Caxton EncyclopediasMy gran and papa gave me Caxton encyclopedias, the World of Knowledge volume 1 - 6 and the World of Children volume 1 - 4. I was just wondering how much they are worth. I know they are from 1963, they are in great condition with very slight rubbing on the corners of the spine. They also have on the inside cover, the constellations of the stars; which is interesting in itself.

Many thanks for any help.

By Carrie from Irvne, Scotland

Question: Value of Complete Set of Americana Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of Encyclopedia Americana bought in 1970 along with a set of the Book of Knowledge and the set of science books. If they have little or no value I would like to know if they be recycled for cash and if that is not an option then where or to whom can they be donated?

By Lisa L. from West Springfield, MA

Question: Encyclopedia Value

EncyclopediasI have a full set, 32 volumes, of the 15th edition Britannica encyclopedia set, and was wondering how much they would be worth?

By Dee M.

Question: Value of World Book Encyclopedia and Childcraft Set

I have a set of World Book encyclopedias copyright 1968. They are in great condition. I would like to get rid of them, what are they worth? I also have a set of the World Book Year Books from 1969 through 2005 in great condition and a set of Childcraft books volume 1 through 16, also in great condition.

By Roxie G

I am wondering the estimated value for the 1959 Edition Funk and Wagnalls Standard Reference Encyclopedia set. It is in fair condition. I am also interested in the estimate for The Encyclopedia Americana 1961 Edition, in good condition.

By Alyssa M

Question: Finding Value of Old Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedia Set

I have 27 encyclopedias that are a set of Funk and Wagnalls, New Encyclopedia. They have a copyright date of MCMLXXIV (1979). They are in great condition considering their age, little wear on them. I'm running out of shelf space so I was wondering what they are worth?

By Kris L.

Question: 1876 American Encyclopedia

What is the value for a complete set of American Encyclopedia from 1876, in excellent to mint condition?

By Jonathan W

Question: Value of 1914Edition of Our Wonder World

I have the complete ten book set of 1914 Our Wonder World by Geo. L. Shuman & Co. and I was wondering what their estimated value would be. They are in pretty good condition.

Thanks, all!

By Amber L.

Question: Value of old Cyclopedias and Dictionaries

I have a complete 6 volume set of the 1910 Appleton's New Practical Cyclopedia, in very good condition. Any ideas on value?
I also have a Funk and Wagnall's New Standard Dictionary printed in 1926, copyright 1910 in excellent condition. I am also interested in ideas on its value?

By Dennis B.

Question: Value of The Wonderland of Knowledge Pictorial Encyclopedia

I have a 1952 set of encyclopedias. It is composed of 12 books in next to mint condition, The Wonderland of Knowledge - The New Pictorial Encyclopedia.

By Carlo from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Question: Value of Old Reference Book

I have a book called the Little Cyclopaedia of Common Things by Rev. Sir George W. Cox, 12th edition published 1906. I'm wondering what the value of it would be? Thanks.

By Keith from Edinburgh, SC

Question: 1942 American Standard Encyclopedia

How much is a full set of American Standard Encyclopedias worth from 1942? Is it worth selling them? Who would be interested in them? Or would it be best to donate them?

By Deb

Question: Value of Old Encyclopedias

My brother has a set of the Cabinet Cyclopaedia (that's the way it is spelled). It was published through the Gebbie Publishing Co. Ltd., 1896. Is it worth anything? and if so how much?

By Irma from Chicago, IL

Question: Value of Old Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedias

Set on top of a bookcase.I have a set of 25 Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedias, copyright 1931. The book size is 4 inches x 6 inches. All are in good shape. I am looking for an estimated value of the entire set.

By Sue

Question: Replacing a Missing Volume from an Old Encyclopedia Set

I have any almost complete set of the Globe encyclopedia London, Edinburgh & Dublin: A. Fullarton & Co 1880. I would like to find a missing volume and find the value for the set. Any suggestions?

By Sivert

Most Recent Answer

By Marie Brack08/12/2012

There's Thriftyfun thread about this that came up when I Googled it: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf13085847.tip.html
Is 1880 the year your set was published?

Question: Value of 1937 Everybody's Complete Encyclopedia

I have the 1937 Everybody's complete encyclopedia. Can you tell me how much it's worth?

By Anna

Question: Value of Encyclopedias

I have a set of Harvard Classic Encyclopedias with 50 volumes to the set and would like to know if you could give me a value on them and somewhere I could sell them? They have been in the family for over 57 years. I need to find a home for them. Thank you.

By Bobbie C.

Question: Value of Grolier's "The Book of Art"

I have a ten volume set collection of Grolier's "The Book of Art" 1965. They all have the original book jackets and are in great condition. What is it worth?

By Iris

Best Answer

By Lewissan08/08/2012

They have some for sale on Amazon's seller market here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list ... _olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Full sets are available from $40 to $80.

Question: Determining the Value of Old Encyclopedias

I am wondering who to ask regarding the value of old books. I am a grandmother and I am sorting through books I have kept from my grandparents. I love books, but just don't have room for all of them. We have 12 volumes of the New Standard Encyclopedia from 1906. The leather bindings are deteriorating, but the pages inside each book are in very good condition. Does anyone still collect old books?

By Brenda

Most Recent Answer

By lisa07/24/2012

If you look up the value at online book dealers, they are valued at less than $1 each with shipping of $2.95 per book. Encyclopedias have gone the way of hoop skirts and horse buggies. They are obsolete. Sorry.

Question: 1954 New Standard Encyclopedia

Volume on a desk.I have the 1954 New Standard Encyclopedia by Standard Education Society. I have a 10 volume set plus the yearly updates from 1954 to 1962 which are pamphlets bound in a hard cover. Is there any market for these? They are very fancy and I would say in good shape. Closeup of cover.

By Craig L.

Most Recent Answer

By franksoda07/20/2013

I am interested if you still have these.
Thanks
franksoda AT outlook.com

Question: Value of Old Encyclopedias

How much is a set of Pictured Knowledge encyclopedias by F. E. Compton and Company worth? The last copyright date is 1920, it is a set of six.

By H

Question: 1940 World Book Encyclopedia Set

How much is a complete set of the 1940 World Book Encyclopedia worth?

By Meg H.

Question: 1901 Chambers Encyclopaedia

Stack of encyclopedias.I have a 10 volume set of the 1901 Chambers Encyclopaedias and I was wondering what their value would be? They are in good condition. Many thanks.

By Mark C

Question: Chambers Encyclopaedia Set

I have a set of Chambers Encyclopedias published by J. B. Lippincott Company. I am not sure what year, but they are very old. I have 9 of 10 volumes and they are in decent shape. Are they of any value?

By Mark M.

I have a set of Chambers 1901 encyclopedias. How much are they worth?

By Ed S

Question: Children's Encyclopedia Value

I have the Book of Knowledge Volume 13 and 14. It is the Childern's Encyclopedia, 1951, volumes 13 AND 14, 4517-5272, in hardcover. They are by E.V. McLoughlin (author).

By Janice

Question: Finding Value of My Encyclopedia Set

I have a set of 1994 encyclopedias. The pages have gold edges. I am wanting to sell them, but I have no idea what to ask for them.

By A. M.

Question: Value of Academic American Encyclopedia

i have a full set (21 volumes) 1990 Academic American Encyclopedias with the 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, and 1995 year book updates. I also have the Index book. It has never been used. There is not one tear, folded page, etc. They look like they have never been used, which is the truth.

By Tracie H.

Question: Value of a 1967 Americana Encyclopedia

Encyclopedias on bookshelves.What is the value of a 1967 Americana encyclopedia? It is a 30 volume value with Funk & Wagnalls dictionaries and a bookcase. It is also in great condition.

By David

Most Recent Answer

By Tanya H.09/12/2013

What are you looking to get for this set? Interested.

Question: Value of Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedia

How much is a full set of 1960 Funk and Wagnalls standard reference encycloedia, with 2 dictionaries, and yearbooks of events for 1960-1982, worth?

By DM

Most Recent Answer

By Rose Smith06/26/2012

Sorry to say they have little, if no value. I manage my church thrift shop and full sets get donated to the shop occasionally. Usually I wind up giving them away for free. Most everyone seems to use the internet these days.

Question: Finding Value of Encyclopedias

I have a set of Funk and Wagnallis encyclopedias that were copyrighted in 1950-1951. I think that one is missing. What is the value of this set of books? I have 34 of them.

By Sandra

Question: Determining Encyclopedia Values

Anyone know how I can find out if my set of Popular Mechanics Do it Yourself encyclopedias from the 1900s are worth anything?

By Shelley H.

How much are encyclopedias worth from the year 1949?

By mdavis

Question: Value of 1886 Chandler's Universal Book of Knowledge

I would like to know the value of a set of Chandler's Universal Book of Knowledge 1886, encyclopedia. All of the maps are intact. The spine of first book is torn.

By John E.

Question: New Standard Encyclopedia Value

I have a complete set (10), of New Standard Encyclopedias, printed in 1933. The whole set is leather bound and is in excellent condition. What is the value?

By Nancy

Question: Value of a 1914 People's Cyclopedia Set

I have a complete set of 5 volumes of a 1914 People's Cyclopedia. How much might it be worth?

By Barbara M. from Tucson, Arizona

Question: 1885 National Standard Encyclopedia

I was just wandering about how much this book is worth. It is in great condition except one page is wrinkled. There are no rips, no tears, and no writing inside.

By Jean

Question: Value of Encyclopedia Set

I have a 1931 Funk and Wagnall's Encyclopedia Britannica, 25 volume set, in very small print. I would say the books are in very good to excellent condition. Can you please give me an estimate of the value (if there is any).

By Carol C.

Question: World Book Encyclopedia Set

Blue cover volume, P, World Book encyclopedia.How much are my set of World Book Encyclopedias worth? (A-Z)

Copyright 1983.

By ML Short

Question: Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Set

Encyclopedia Britannica on bookshelf.I have a full set of Encyclopedia Britannica - 1959 Edition in very good condition. What is the value?

By Yolanda B

Most Recent Answer

By SaybayBay06/05/2012

Another person has it on amazon for sale at about 500

Check ebay as well.

Question: Value of 1888 Chambers Encyclopedia Set

I have a set of Chambers Encyclopedias, New Edition 1888, in good condition. How do I find its value?

By Stuart V

Question: Value of a Hardback Popular Science Set

I have an original set of 1933-1937 Popular Science encyclopedia and would like to know the value.

By ecm

Question: Vintage Encyclopedias

How much is a complete set of encyclopedias from 1922 worth? They are in great shape.

By Dawn

Question: Value of Caxton's Encyclopedias and World of Children

I would like to know what price to ask to sell the encyclopeadia volumes 1 to 18 bound in red. Also we have volumes 1 to 4 bound in blue of Caxton's World of Children.

By Margaret G.

Question: Selling a Vintage Set of Children's Encyclopedias

Standing volume of the Book of KnowledgeI am trying to sell my complete set of The Book of Knowledge, 1957, children's encyclopedia. It is the deluxe Mastercraft edition. Any advice?

By brickcity from Syracuse, NY

Most Recent Answer

By amcgrrl09/05/2013

Do you still have this item? I'll pay you $50 for it shipped.

Question: Value of an 1888 Set of Encyclopedias

I have a set of encyclopedias printed in 1888. They look like they are lightly used and in pretty good condition for books that are 124 years old. What is their value?

By John

Most Recent Answer

By Norm G.05/13/2013

Contact me at hipockt AT gmail.com if you want to sell them.

Question: Value of Set of Encyclopedia International

I am looking for the best place to sell and the approximate value of a set of Encyclopedia International. It was bought in 1970.

By Brian from Kings Lynn Norfolk UK

Question: Value of New Universal Encyclopedia

I have 15 volumes of "New Universal Encyclopedia" by the Caxton Publishing Co., printed in England by Fleetway Press Ltd., but I can see no dates?

By Mark H

Question: The International Cyclopedia - New York. Dodd, Mead and Company 1887

I have a set of leather covered International Cyclopedias. They read: Brazen Circulating, entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1885, by Dodd, Mead, and Company, in the Office of The Librarian of Congress at Washington, Copyright 1880-81, by The American Book Exchange. They are well loved. I am wondering if I should tear them apart for crafting or do they hold any value.
Thanks!

By Krista

Most Recent Answer

By talent11/02/2012

Krista, I might buy it. I have one volume, 22, and it looks so interesting, I am thinking about buying more. let me know ok? cgjung9 AT yahoo.com
-talent

Question: Determining the Value of the Do It Yourself Encyclopedia of Popular Science

How do I find the value on the Illustrated Do it Yourself Encyclopedia of Popular Science? I have volumes 1 through 12, in mint condition. It is the 1958 edition.

By James

Question: Value of World Book Encyclopedia Set

I have a set of World Book encyclopedias from A-Z copyright 1970. Do think they are worth anything?

By Valerie

Question: American Family Encyclopedia

I have a set of American Family Encyclopedias. They are by Unicorn Publishing Inc. and in perfect condition. Any ideas if these are worth anything?

By Leslie

Question: Collier's Encyclopedia Value

Encyclopedias on bookshelves.I have a complete set of 1960 Collier's Encyclopedia including the bibliography and index. How much do you think the set is worth?

By Doreen B

Question: 1901 Universal Encyclopedia Complete Set

I was wondering if a complete set of Universal Encyclopedias from 1901 is worth anything? I know that most old encyclopedia sets have no value, but I haven't seen much posted on the really old sets. Thanks!

By Julie S.

Most Recent Answer

By Teri05/19/2012

Hello,
I went to ebay.com and searched antique encyclopedias and a 1910 edition of encyclopedia britannicas was being offered for $899.00, although there were no offers for the set at this time. You might try other searches on Ebay for encyclopedias, or even check craigslist.com. Good luck!

Question: World Book Encyclopedia Year Books

I have used World Book year books from 1962-1997; what are their value? They are off white and dark green books with the year written on them.

By Frances

Is there any value to a complete set of 1981 World Book Encyclopedias in excellent condition?

By Maureen

Question: Finding Value of Antique Encyclopedias

I have a complete set of The American Cyclopedia 1880 in good to very good condition. I also have a set of The Annual Cyclopedia 1876 -1888 in good to very good condition. Does anyone know about how much these would be worth?

By Vicky E.

Question: Value of Full Set of Funk & Wagnalls

Volume of Funk and Wagnalls encyclopediaI have a full set of Funk and Wagnalls encyclopedias (publishing dates 1931 - 1964). They are in awesome shape. Very little, if any, damage/aging. I'm wondering what they are worth. I know that they aren't in demand since the internet, but I also know that they aren't easy to find anymore. I have all 25, and they are in better shape than the one pictured here.

By Barb

Question: What's My 1921 World Book Set Worth?

I have a complete set of 1921 World Book encyclopedias in good condition. My grandmother bought them in the late 1920s for my mother. The covers are all intact and have some really nice embossing, although the inside cover leaves on one or two volumes might be separating. But everything is complete and in generally good to very good condition, especially considering their age. There are no missing pages, etc. Nice illustrations. Gold leaf page edges, etc. Any idea of what they're worth, or a place where I can advertise them in case there's a collector out there? Thanks!

By Steve

Question: Value and Rarity of Old Encyclopedia Set

I have a complete 10 volume set of 1937 World's Popular Encyclopedia by the World Syndicate publishing company of New York and Cleveland. What is their value?

By Chris

Question: Finding Value of Vintage Encyclopedias

Hello,
I have a complete set of Britannica Encyclopaedia, 15th edition 1974, in excellent condition. What are they worth?

By Nicole K.

Question: Everybody's Complete Encyclopedia

Everybody's Complete EncyclopediaWhat Is the value of a 1937 version of Everybody's Complete Encyclopedia?

By Dilana L

Question: Value of Young Student's Encyclopedia

What is the value of a set of Young Student's Encyclopedia (1980)?

By Chuck S

Question: Value of the Business Encyclopedia and Legal Adviser

stack of encyclopediasI have a complete set, 6 volumes, of the Business Encyclopedia and Legal Adviser. It is a first edition, with marbled pages and partly leather bound. It is dated 1902. Does anyone know the price of these as I can't find out anything through the web for this date. Many thanks.

By Zara

Most Recent Answer

By mrmima08/21/2013

Let me know if you wanna sell them ;-)

Question: Value of Arthur Mee Children's Encyclopedias

I have a, 1-10 volume, complete set of Arthur Mee children's encyclopedias believed to be from the 1950s. They aew the brown ones in a wooden case. How do I find out if they are worth anything?

By Mandi from Kent

Question: Value of The New Wonder World Encyclopedia

I am wondering the worth of my encyclopedia set. It is called: "The New Wonder World, The World and Its People" by Gro .L. Shuman & Co. The last printing was 1941. They are in excellent condition, and a full set, Vols 1-11. How can I find out their value and locate potential buyers?

By Ray

Question: Value of 1982 World Book Encyclopedia

What is the value of a set of World Book Encyclopedias printed in 1982? It is in mint condition.

By W. C.

Question: 1925 World Book Encyclopedia

I have a complete set, volumes 1-10, of the 1925 World Book. It is in fair to possibly poor condition. What might be the value?

By Belinda D

Most Recent Answer

By hiphophood04/25/2012

If they are in poor condition, then sadly they probably aren't worth much. And you have to think of how many of those were made back in that year. It's not something rare.

Question: Value of New Illustrated Encyclopedia of Gardening

I have a complete 14 volume set of New Illustrated Encyclopedia of Gardening from 1960 in good-great condition. What are they worth?

By Hugo C.

Most Recent Answer

By ofarrellsaus04/25/2012

$125

Question: 1904 Irish Encyclopedia

How rare is a 1904 Irish encyclopedia and is it worth anything?

By Adam from Bondi

How much is a set of encyclopedia Americana from 1945 worth?

By David

Question: Value of Chamber's Encyclopaedia

What is the value of a 12 volume set of the Students Handy Edition of Chambers' Encyclopaedia? I could not find a date on any page, but on the title page it states "with very large additions upon topics of special interest to American readers; and giving American statistics of population down to the census of 1890'. All 12 volumes are in very good condition and they belong to my mother who is trying to downsize. Thank you.

By Grace W.

Question: New Standard Encyclopedia

What would be the value on a set of New Standard Encyclopedias 1030 to date, Aiton's Encyclopedia 1910, Standard reference work 1912 and later?

Question: Finding the Value of Encyclopedias

What is the approximate value of a complete set of Grolier International Encyclopedia(s), copywrite date 1992, Deluxe Home Edition, excellent condition?

By Saundra

Question: Value of the New Educator Encyclopaedia

How much would this encyclopaedia set go for there? It is a 10 piece set from 1947. Does anyone know?

By Taylor

Question: New Standard Encyclopedias

Set of encyclopediasI have a full 14 volume set of New Standard Encyclopedias that are from 1972. We have decided to sell them to get some of the money we need to start a non profit foundation to promote S.I.D.S Awareness. The issue we have is that we don't know what the value of a set like this is or if there is any value at all. Anyone with any info about them please let us know. Thank you!

By Natasha S.

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie04/10/2012

I doubt you could get much more than maybe ten dollars for these, unfortunately.

You might consider looking into a charitable license so you could sell fundraising raffle tickets with the set as the prize. Your local newspaper might give you a bit of ink in the community pages, and help you solicit a few more donations too, to 'sweeten the pot'.

Good luck to you in this. My older brother died due to SIDS in 1955 and I don't think my family ever really got over the grief.

Question: Value of a 1934 Compete Encyclopedia

I have a 25 volume (complete) set of 1931-34 Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedia of Universal Knowledge in excellent condition. Aside from seeing how funny our "facts" were back then, do you know its range of value?

By Bob S.

I have a complete set (10 volumes ) of Harper's Encyclopedia of United States History in great condition. Do they have any value? Thanks.

By Jeff W

Question: Selling Old 1954 Encyclopaedias

When my gran and I where cleaning out her bookcase we found 6 volumes of The New International Illustrated Encyclopaedia. We don't know if they are worth anything so any answers would be great.
Thanks.

By Alan

Question: Value of 1933 World Book Children's Encyclopedia

I have a complete set of 1933 World Book Children's Encyclopedia in very good condition. Any idea of value?

By Scott

Question: Finding Value of World Illustrated Encyclopedia

How much would a complete set of World Illustrated encyclopedia 1954-1966 be worth?

By Melody

Question: World Book Encyclopedia 1990

I have a brand new set, still in the wrappers, of World Book encyclopedias from 1990 with the gold trim pages. I was wondering if they are worth anything? If anyone can help that would be great! Ive been trying to research on the internet, but its very confusing

By ajcole

Question: Selling a Vintage Set of Encyclopedias

I have a 1962, The Book of Knowledge, children's encyclopedia set. It is a 20 volume set in very good condition, cream and burgundy in color. I am willing to sell it, but how do I find a buyer?

By Karla K

Question: Encyclopedia Worth

I have twelve books from "The Book of Popular Science" by the Grolier Society copyrighted 1928 and printed in Boston. Are they worth anything? They have some weathering and a few have slight writing.

By Yaya

Question: Encyclopedia Americana Value

I have a complete set of the Americana encyclopedias from 1914 in good condition. I'm wondering what they're worth. It says copyright 1914 by Frederick Converse Beach. I think there are 25 books.

By Jon G.

Question: 1928 Set of Times Encyclopedia and Gazetteer

I have a full set of 1928 Times Encyclopedia and Gazetteer. They are leather bound and in mint condition. How much do you think they are worth? Thanks.

By John

Most Recent Answer

By Mary0003/31/2012

I did a quick search on ebay. There are 1935 sets NOT selling at 20 dollars. I did a search for sold sets and found non that have actually sold.I'm sorry. Maybe there is a collector that is looking for 1928 in particular. Wish you luck

Question: Finding the Value of Older Encyclopedias

I have a full set of World Book Encyclopedias, copyright 1979. They are in excellent condition. How much would they sell for and where can I sell them?

I also have a full set of Young Students Encyclopedias, copyright 1977. These are showing a bit of yellowing from age, but otherwise are in good condition. How much would they sell for and where can I sell them?

By jenj

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/30/2012

You can't sell them. No one wants then fir the "knowledge" that is in them. You might be able to give them to someone for arts or crafts projects. People make lamps out of them. Some sculptors carve into them. Schools do projects called "altered books". You can't donate them to charities like Salvation Army either.

Question: Finding Value of Encyclopedia Set

I have an entire set of the 2004 New Standard Encyclopedia. Almost all of the books are still in the plastic "wrapper" they arrived in. All are in brand new condition. What can I possibly sell these for?

By Kelly V from F.F., CA

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie03/29/2012

Hi - it is sad but it is very difficult to even "give" sets away. Many library book sales will not take them The Internet is so easy and always up to date.

Try checking your set out on eBay or Craigs list and you may be lucky
and have a set that will sell.

Question: Value of Disney's My First Encyclopedias

I'm looking to find out the value of my set of Disney's My First Encyclopedias printed in 1986. Any suggestions?

By Ciara from Ireland

Question: 1914 People's Encyclopedia Value

I have a complete set (5) of the People's Cyclopedia from 1914.

I was wondering what they may be worth?

By J L

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/19/2012

Good luck with your search. This set is old enough that it should have collectible value as an antique.

Question: Value of Chambers Encyclopedia Set

Does Chamber's Encyclopedia of Universal Knowledge printed in 1885 have any value?

By Stephanie M

Most Recent Answer

By Gloria Z03/17/2012

Go to Worthpoint.com on the web for $9.99/mo you can research all kinds of things. I just found out I have a book worth $130.00 and they also have an antique for sale section where you can advertise it.

Good Luck.

Question: 1941 and 1942 Americana Encyclopedia Sets

Are these sets in excellent condition worth anything?

By A

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/14/2012

Old encyclopedias have little or no value. Look at the archived info about this.

Question: Children's Encyclopedia

I have complete set of the Children's Encyclopedia, in 9 volumes, by Arthur Mee. What should I be looking to sell them for?

By Liz

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/14/2012

Probably nothing, unless they were printed in 1907 or something like that. If they have stories and nice pictures, maybe you can give them away or sell them at a yard sale for $5.

Question: Finding the Value of 1906 Harper's US History Encyclopedia

Page from Harper's encyclopedia.I have a Harper's encyclopedia of the United States History published in 1906. How much is my 10 volume set worth? It is in good, to very good, condition. This is not a reprint. Thanks.

By Tim A.

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Steger04/22/2012

I cannot answer your question but I can point you in the direction of someone who might be able to.
I grew up in Atlantic City, New Jersey where there is an antique dealer who is quite an expert on books. I believe the site is PrincetonAntiques.com.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Question: Finding the Value of International Wildlife Encyclopedias

I have a full set of International Wildlife encyclopedias from 1969 and wanted to know their worth. I also have a set of Illustrated World Encyclopedias minus 1 volume, that I would like to part with as well. They are from 1970.
Are they worth anything?

By Pat

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/08/2012

Encyclopedias generally have no value. See if you can find someone who wants them for crafts, or in the case of the wildlife one, maybe for the pictures, and give them away. I do not know of any charity or library or school which would take them either, but, as I said, some people use them for crafts of various types - lamps, collage, altered books, and so on.

Question: Value of 1946 Grolier's Encyclopedias

I have a Grolier Encyclopedia, 11 volume se, published in 1946. It is in excellent condition. How much are these worth?

By Jeff J.

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/11/2012

It is not likely old enough to be worth anything.

Question: Value of Encyclopedias

I have a set of Encyclopedia International by Grolier of Canada Limited. I also have The New Book of Knowledge by Grolier Incorporated, New York. I am considering getting rid of them, however I want to make sure they are not valuable.

By SAllie H.

Most Recent Answer

By Vi Johnson03/09/2012

Can't even give them away it seems. We had some and the Library/thrift stores wouldn't take them.
You could try Freecycle or Craigslist in the free section. Good luck. GG Vi

Question: Value of The Practical Handyman's Encyclopedia

I have The Practical Handyman's Encyclopedia Volume 1-18, copy write 1965 by Greystone Press Printed in USA. How much is the set worth? It is in excellent condition.

By Jeff J.

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.03/11/2012

I don't know if it is worth much, but you may find someone who is interested in it because I am assuming that the handyman tips are just as useful as they were back in 1965 - at least many of them should be. Try posting it on your local selling site - Kijiji or Craigslist or whathaveyou. However, since many of these tips are available as videos on YouTube, you may have to give it away.

Question: Value of a Chambers Encyclopedia Set

I have 15 volumes of Chambers encyclopedias and I was wondering if they are worth anything?

By Angela

Question: Value of Encyclopedias

What is the value of a 1925 set of World Book encyclopedias?

By Roben

Question: Value of 1891 Popular Encyclopaedia

I have The Popular Encyclopaedia: 1891, edited by Charles Annadale, published by Blackie & Son's Ltd. I would like to know the value of the full set of this encyclopaedia. It is in very good condition, with a small amount of wear and tear on one spine. There is no staining or insect damage on any of the volumes. The illustrations are plentiful and the colour remains vibrant on them still.

By Janet

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/27/2012

This set is old enough that it may have some value as an antique book. You could try googling for info, or contact a antique seller or book dealer in your area.

Question: Value of a Set of 1957 Universal Standard Encyclopedias

I have a set of 1957 Universal Standard encyclopedias and was wondering if anyone knew what their value might be?
The set is complete and in good condition.

By Chris S.

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/24/2012

Outdated encyclopedias have no value. You can not give them away, unless you can find someone who wants them for some sort of craft or art project. Charities will not take them.

Question: Determining the Value of a Encyclopedia Set

How much is the value of 1965 copyright World Book encyclopedia set, in good condition?

By Kristl

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/24/2012

The previous poster is correct. There is almost no use for them and charities and libraries won't take them either. You may find someone you can give them to that may want them for some sort of craft project. Altered books are one type of craft/art project that people would use them for. I have also seen lamps made from books.

Question: Determining the Value of an Encyclopedia Set

I have a full set of encyclopedias from 1966 and plus the child crafting books that they also came with. Who do I need to talk to about to determine how much they are worth now?

By Sarah

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/26/2012

Most schools, libraries and thrift shops won't take them as donations. See if you can find someone who will use them for some sort of craft.

Question: 1902 Harper's Encyclopaedias

I have a complete set of Harper's encyclopaedia of United States history. The set was published in 1902. For their age they are in good, if not very good, condition. What is something like this worth and where else would I look into it? Where would one sell something like this? They were published by Harper and Brothers publishers, New York, 1902, London.

By jr from WI

Question: Value of a 1877 Condensed American Encyclopedia Set

I have volume 1-4 of the set in decent condition and was wondering how much they are worth.

By Laura from Portland, OR

Most Recent Answer

By annelle snyder02/17/2012

Might there be a local historical society that could use them - donation. Rather than trash 'em. Unfortunately, it has been my experience that old ency. have little, if any, value. Good luck!

Question: Determining the Value of Vintage Encyclopedias

Is there any value for a complete set (10 volumes) of 1965 set of Canadiana encyclopaedias? I also have a of 10 volume set of The Book of Popular Science 1966 Grolier and the Encyclopaedia International 1966 by Grolier? I have the original bookcase purchased with the encyclopaedias.

By Ron B.

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie02/11/2012

Hi and sad to say but there is almost no value to these books.
When I have something like this I usually check on eBay for "like" things to see if anyone has sold anything similar and I check Craigslist for local as shipping (even books) is so expensive.
My daughter uses these in school for her young students scrap booking but not much else because the Internet has everything.
Good luck

Question: Value of a Waverley Encyclopedia Set

I have a full set of Waverley encyclopedias, The Book of Knowledge 1961 volumes 1-7, fact index volume 8, and Book of Words dictionary, volumes 1-3. They were bought for me in 1962 and are in brilliant condition. How much are these worth?

By Christine from Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.01/15/2012

Most sets of encyclopedia are not worth anything. Here in Canada, you can't give them to libraries, charities, or anything like that. About the only use for them is some sort of craft. You may find someone who wants them for that purpose that you can give them to.

Question: Value of a Set of Encyclopedia Americanna

What is a set of the Encyclopedia Americanna, 1829-1956, all 30 volumes worth?

By Bryon from Lemont, IL

Most Recent Answer

By Alicia01/12/2012

You might want to check www.eBay.com to see if there is anything currently listed that is similar. Our maybe you would be able to find something that sold on auction under the ended items. It might give you a rough idea of the value.

Question: Determining the Value of Encyclopedias

I have a set of New Standard Encyclopedia, 1981, and The Science Library that is in mint condition. Can anyone tell me how to find out if they have any value?

By Claudia

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac01/07/2012

The pictures in them might be useful for kids school projects but I doubt anyone will pay anything for them.

Question: Value of an Old Encyclopedia Set

I have a complete 30 volume set of the Encyclopedia Americana, 1954 copyright. It is in very good condition. Are they worth any money?

By Gail L.

Most Recent Answer

By looneylulu01/05/2012

Someone that is interested in that year for personal reasons, ie.....born that year....might be interested put on Craigslist for 50.00 or BO see what happens.

Question: Value of Old Encyclopedias

Is a 1945 set of encyclopedia Britannica worth anything? They are in pretty good condition.

By Jeanne

Most Recent Answer

By Frances Adams12/04/2011

You can search online for that particular set, or try ebay, to see if anyone is selling that same set, and see what they are asking. The only sites I have seen for antique books DO have encyclopedias, but they are from the 1800s and earlier.
I have a set of World Book encyclopedias that we made into a bedside table. I just glued them together into a tower, threw an old table cloth over, and got a free bedside table.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Question: Value of Vintage Chamber's Encyclopedias

Chamber's encyclopedias on the floor.How much are my Chamber's encyclopaedias worth? They were reprinted in 1969. They are white with dust covers and in mint condition.

By Chris

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.12/07/2011

People occasionally use them for crafts and art projects. I don't think anyone would pay for them, though. I wouldn't. 1969 isn't vintage or anything.

Question: Value of a 1955 Chamber's Encyclopedia Set

Volume of Chamber's encyclopedia set.I own a 1955 set of Chamber's Encyclopedias. It consists of 15 volumes and 2 volumes of Chambers Encyclopedia World Survey 1960 and 1961.

They were hand made in London, England and are bound in red leather and embossed with 24k gold.

I would like to sell them and I need to know their current market value.

By Juliette W.

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.12/07/2011

You might find someone who wants them for crafts or art projects. Try posting them as giveaways on the local Kijii or Craigslist or whathaveyou.

Question: Determining the Value of Vintage Encyclopedia Set

How much are my encyclopedias from 1949 worth? It's the full set and it says Chicago Standard Education Society, 1949.

By Anthony D from North Port, FL

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine S.11/21/2011

This has been discussed many times on here and most agree that they are not worth much.

Question: Determining the Value of a Vintage Set of Encyclopedias

I have a set of American Educator encyclopedias published in Chicago, 1942. Does any one know how much are they worth?

By Curtis

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.10/31/2011

I think you should contact a second hand book store. These are very old, and so they might have some value. Usually, encyclopedias are not worth anything.

Question: Value of Claxton Encyclopedias

I have a set of Claxton encyclopedias, volume 12 to volume 20. Are they worth anything? They're in great condition.

By James

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.09/27/2011

Unless these are truly vintage, like 1850 or something like that, they are not likely worth anything.

Question: Selling a Volume of Old Harver World Encyclopedia

One volume of a Harver World encyclopedia.I have had this book for a long time and need to know how I can sell them. Thanks.

By JoAnn B.

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.09/27/2011

Most schools are not interested in old encyclopedias either. In my school, we toss out the old sets. Or try to use them for crafts or something.

Question: Encyclopedia Value

How much is a set of the National Encyclopedia published by. P.F. Collier and Son Corporation, with a last copyright date listed of 1937, worth?

By j a n from Harrison, AR

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.08/26/2011

Most old encyclopedias are not worth anything. This set is old enough that it might have some collectible value, but don't get your hopes up. You might check on eBay or with a second hand book seller.

Question: Value of a 1906 Chamber's Encyclopedia - A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge

I was just wondering, I have a full Chambers's Encyclopedia - A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge from 1906. It is in good condition. Anyone got an idea if its worth any money?

By Vee

Most Recent Answer

By Frances Adams08/23/2011

http://www.raremapsandbooks.com/ind ... ge=product_info&products_id=4038

This site has an 1887 set for $425.
Just search for your set online, and you may find other sites with that date.
Best of luck to you!

I have a set of 1961 encyclopedias from " The American Educator " and I'm wondering how much they are worth.

By Nancy R.

Most Recent Answer

By denisec01/25/2014

I have a complete 24 set of Collier 1987 encyclopedias in excellent continue willing to donate to anyone who can use them just cover shipping cost from NJ nice condition for anyone using to make crafts, etc.

Question: Determining the Value of an Old Encyclopedia Set

How can I find the price of an old set of encyclopedias?

By PC

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.08/23/2011

Unless these are over 100 years old, they are not likely worth anything. You might be able to give them to someone wanting them for some sort of craft, like an "illustrated book" or lamps.

Question: Determining the Value of a Partial Set of 1865 American Encyclopedias

What would be the value of 5 encyclopedias from 1865? They are in pretty good shape with the exception of one which lost some of the outer binding. The pages inside and binding are very good. I believe they are called "The American Encyclopedia." I've had books from that era that were literally falling apart, unreadable, and unopenable basically, but these are not like that.

By M Korn

Most Recent Answer

By frenchgirl04/02/2012

Hello, If you still have this set, I would be interested in making an offer.

Question: Finding the Value of an Encyclopedia Set

Are Funk-Wagnalls encyclopedias from 1959 worth anything?

By Diana

Most Recent Answer

By Stacy08/16/2011

Maybe you can use them as a "safe" of sorts. Just hollow out a portion of the pages to make a "well" and glue the pages' edges together (but not the front cover or you won't be able to get in it!). Thieves will think it's just a book on a shelf, but you'll be able to hide whatever will fit in the cavities. Just a suggestion.

Question: Selling Vintage Encyclopedia Sets

I have 2 sets of encyclopedias and I'm trying to find out how much they are worth. One is a Funk and Wagnalls' Universal Standard. It is a 25 volume set from 1954-55 the second one is a 12 volume Popular Mechanics do it yourself, 1st edition, from 1955. I am looking to get rid of them, but I don't want to cheat myself or anyone else. Thanks.

By B Sheftic

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine S.07/28/2011

I had some 1932 encyclopedias that my mother used to teach with and when I tried to sell them in the 70's, I could not get anything out of them at all. It even showed the first tv in it. I hope you have better luck.

Question: Determining the Value of a Vintage Encyclopedia Set

How do I determine what are my complete set of 1904 Encyclopedia Britannica are worth? They are in good condition.

By Janice B.

Most Recent Answer

By Julia07/27/2011

You can always go to a local museum too, or an old historical home maintained by a society working to preserve the past and see if you get any help there. If you want to donate and get a tax deduction, at least, you'll have a stated value to use.

If you choose to list them on eBay for instance, just be sure to pack them, take them to the post office and have them weighed using a destination of the farthest zip code from you
as a basis for determining Media Rate postage. If they were mine and I was shipping them, I'd also insure them.

Selling them on Craig's List might be your best bet and be sure to mention "Local Pick-up Only" so you will not need the extra cost of mailing or shipping. Postage is just too expensive,
and deters many buyers.

I wish you the best of luck.
Pookarina

I have a full 8 book set of Waverley encyclopedias. I don't know if they are worth any money. They are over at least 50 years old. They are still in good condition. How do I determine their value in order to sell them? What are my other options? donation? etc. Thank you for any advice.

By Robert from Scotland

Most Recent Answer

By Cal12309/08/2011

The inquiry is about the 1959 Funk and Wagnalls set.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Finding the Value of an Encyclopedia Set

How can I find out the value of a set of dated encyclopedias?

Pamela from Brooklyn, NY

RE: Finding the Value of an Encyclopedia Set

I doubt that they're worth any money. People can use the internet now to find things they want to know. Maybe you can try a book store that deals in old books for an estimate. But I wouldn't get my hopes up about it. Good luck. (12/04/2008)

By Carol in PA

I work in a thrift shop and we often have old encyclopedias donated. We can barely give them away. People sometimes buy them for 20 cents each to cut up for school projects or art. Sorry, but unless you have a rare early or first edition, I would say they are worthless.

Brenda in Oz (12/04/2008)

By ilmarlai

My family owns a book business online and to find the value of most of our books we go to: bookfinder.com and type in the title of the book. It will come up with how many people are selling it, and what they are selling it for. This always helps us get an estimate of what it's worth. I hope this helps.

Blessings, Abby (12/05/2008)

By simplelifebooks1

Someone had a set of encyclopedias on "Antiques Roadshow" TV show not long ago. The dealer told the person that his set of hopefuls were not worth more than what you might get for them at a yard sale. Sorry to say. (12/05/2008)

By badwater

How do I find out what an old encyclopedia set is worth if I should sell them? It is a complete set, in good condition.

By Julie from MO

How old is your set? Unless it's very old, has a connection to a famous person, or is a first edition it probably has minimal value. No one wants encyclopedias now since anything can be looked up online. (01/18/2010)

By OliveOyl

Donate the set to the Good Will or Salvation Army and ask for a receipt for a tax write-off. (01/18/2010)

By MCW

I agree. It it's from the last 50 years it is of no particular value. You might be able to see it at a yard sale or for decorative purposes. You might be able to make lamps out of them, or some other craft project.(01/18/2010)

By pamphyila

• Call a used book seller.
  • Look at comparable sets on eBay.
Good luck. (01/18/2010)

By oldlinda

My mom had some from the 80's and hers aren't worth anything after her searching around. You could donate them to a library. I don't know if they would take them off your hands otherwise you could use them for a craft like the previous post mentioned. (01/20/2010)

By dhull83

I've seen a project where someone drilled a small circular hole down through a stack of these books, then held them in place with a pole, to make an interesting end table. I suspect directions are available somewhere online. (01/21/2010)

By ChloeA

My dad gave me an encyclopedia set years ago that belonged to his great-aunt. It is one huge volume that covers A-Z. I'm 50 and my dad would have been 75. I just wondered if this is worth anything?

By Yvonne from OK

I would save them and read every one of them. I learned a lot by reading 2 sets. I even found info several years ago for my itching at night in them, I had been to several Drs. They did not know what to give me so I did the above, back then we did not know anything about Benadryl. The info is in the encyclopedias. I had to go back to my Dr and told him what I found. He looked in his book for the info. He wrote me a subscription for it, good luck. (02/09/2010)

By kffrmw88

As time capsules, they are invaluable and will always attract someone who will treasure the nostalgia, especially if the books are in good condition and complete, and old (the older the better)! For an idea of what people may be paying:
1) look up your set's ISBN, or publisher/author and title on bookfinder.com
2) check eBay. (02/13/2010)

By unFolded

Try looking up a store that sells vintage and second hand books. If this is old enough, it might have some value. There should be a date in the front of the book, along with publishing information. (02/13/2010)

By louel53

I agree with unFolded's advice. There are many people, including myself, who treasure old books and want to see them preserved intact, not mutilated or otherwise destroyed. (02/13/2010)

By Gingembre

I have a set of encyclopedias that I have given to a museum on permanent loan. They were printed since the Wright brothers, because I recall an article predicting the future of the airplane, showing ladies with parasols strolling about on an airplane deck. I wonder how I would go about determining the value of this set. (05/21/2010)

By genedoug

How can I determine the value of a 10 volume, 1892 Chambers encyclopaedia set?

What is the value of a Funk and Wagnalls Universal Standard Encyclopedia, 1955 Deluxe Edition? It is a full set of 25 volumes.