Use Frozen Peeled Garlic

I love cooking with garlic, but do not like peeling it. So my answer is to buy it in the bag already peeled. I keep the bag in my freezer and when I need garlic, I remove a clove from the bag. Using a box grater or hand held grater (I use a microplane, it works great for garlic), I grate the garlic right into my pot or bowl. Remember though that the clove of garlic is small and will grate quickly even though it is frozen. Grated fingers are not pleasant.

By Virginiag from Porterville, CA

I also hate peeling garlic. What I do is buy a tub of peeled garlic cloves and chop the entire tub in batches in my mini food processor. Once chopped, I drizzle in either olive oil or water. I put in plastic containers and store in the freezer. When I need garlic, I take it out about 10 minutes before needed and just spoon out whatever I need. Then it goes back into the freezer!

I finally tried putting just my palm on the clove to crush it and it was much easier to peel. Whatever works for you is great. :)

How about using a garlic press? I do not like grated fingers either!

Freezing Garlic
Freezing Garlic
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesOctober 8, 2010
Canning Beets, Drying Beets, Growing Beets, Selecting Good Beets, Peeling Beets, Freezing Beets, Fresh Whole and Sliced Beets
Peeling Beets
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes