Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Can I Keep Sheets on the Mattress?

I have a question on what to do with the twin size bed sheet sets. I have several sets that do not fit on the new mattresses. The mattresses are thicker and I have used the clips you use to keep the sheets from slipping off. The corners do not fit over the new mattresses, they slip off at night when you toss over. The sheets are for a smaller thickness of mattress. Any ideas on how to keep them on? Thanks for your ideas.

Norma from San Antonio, Texas

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Robert B.12/30/2012

"Comfy-Snug" drawstring fitted sheets stay put better than any other sheet with no need for suspenders or clips. They are tight and smooth all the time and self adjust to the mattress thickness. There is nothing more comfortable than nice smooth sheets. It's like the first time getting in bed with new sheets. You just slide right in. Drawstring sheets give you that just made feeling night after night. Also the drawstring is tightened at the side of the mattress so there is no problem figuring out where the side is. http://www.drawstringsheet.com

RE: How Can I Keep Sheets on the Mattress?

By Linda [1]12/17/2008

Re: How can I keep sheets on the mattress?
Try my bedhug for keeping your sheets in place.
www.mybedhug.com (06/16/2008) By Kathy

I know I am late in reading this but I did try
going to the site listed by Kathy and it didn't
say or show anything about beds and keeping
sheets on them. Anyone know of this bed hug
thing?

By Onesummer [209]12/08/2008

Try deep pockets sheets

By Joyce Robertson [9]11/12/2008

Sock Tape! I already posted my hint but I'll copy it here. To keep your sheets snug or bedding from falling on the floor, and making the bed in the morning a snap, just use sock tape (clear, heavy plastic tape used by hockey players to keep their hockey socks up) on the two bottom corners of the covers. Start the tape on the top and wrap it straight down, lift the corner of the mattress and bring it up the other side to the top.

I tape the mattress cover on all 4 corners to keep it snug and then tape the bottom corners of the cover sheet and quilt. In the morning all you have to do is pull your covers up. I have a king size bed so this doesn't interfere with my leg room.

On wash day, just peel the old tape and re-tape the clean sheets and blankets. In the past I have saved the waistband off of my boy's underwear if it was in good shape and re-used it for the corners of of my bedding. I'd put the sheets on the bed, pin the stretched elastic to hug the corners tight and take it to the sewing machine for the final stitching. That works okay but I prefer using the sock tape. There is a picture with my original post as well.

By Holly [350]11/11/2008

Get new sheets at a discount store. It's easier in the long run. From now on, make sure you have a thread count of at least 200 because these have the deeper pockets.

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)11/11/2008

My sister has twin beds. She uses double bed sheets on her twins and they stay put. Also, they're easier for her to put on the bed and tuck.

Good luck

By Barbara Snyder [9]11/10/2008

honey I have the same problem with the deep ends and the mattress pad so now I buy the king size sheets and I have a queen bed it works, for the extra stuff I just tuck underneath and get more covers on my side now. You are right those belts or stapps were a pain to me. To tell you the truth a waste of money.

By Michele (Guest Post)11/10/2008

When I had a set of sheets that did the same thing, I used large safety pins to hold it to the corner of the mattress. It was a challenge to get the pins on and off, but the sheet stayed in place.

By Julie [49]11/09/2008

narrow elastic in packs at walmart craft department in 5 yards lenght for 99 cent per package. measure the width of your matteress, cut 2 pieces of elastic that long and pin to each side with safety pins about 1/4 down on each end side to side by running it under your matteress then pinning to your sheets sides. can even leave on while washing your sheets. works great.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How can I keep sheets on the mattress?

How can I keep sheets on the mattress? I have tried everything imaginable. I was thinking of using diaper pins on the underside if I cannot figure something else out.

Brenda from Peachtree City, GA

RE: How can I keep sheets on the mattress?

They sell something to keep your sheets on the bed. I think you could find it in WalMart or KMart. There are clips on both ends with a piece of elastic in the middle. The clips look like the ones that are sometimes on mitten and gloves to clip them onto something. You could also sew a piece of elastic on your fitted sheets diagonally across each corner. (09/14/2006)

By purplewindow

Hi I sewed a piece of 1/2 elastic to each side of the sheet on both the top and bottom. It is a little harder to get the sheet on but once there it stays. My husband is a tosser and turner and this is the only thing I could find to do. Janiem (09/14/2006)

Yes, this item can be purchased at Wal-Mart. They are called "Sheet Belts"and they work fairly well. They will eventually stretch but last for quite a long time. They come 4 in a set and the cost is very reasonable. (09/14/2006)

By Connie A.

I tried using the elastic thingies, but they didn't work. I realized I'd removed my mattress pad to replace it but kept forgetting to do so. Just as soon as the mattress pad was on the sheets didn't move. Hope it works for you Brenda! Corita from Homewood, Il (09/14/2006)

By Corita

Hi Brenda ~South Fayetteville, here~ ok neighbor, first of all, a lot of the mattress are very deep in height now. So perhaps you have little older sheets that do not have the deep pockets. Also, do you have a mattress pad on your bed as well? I believe that may help you as well.

Funny as we went back to L.I. this summer at my Mom's and the mattress is fairly new but the sheets she had put on the bed for our arrival were not deep pocketed and each night they kept popping off. Drove me nuts! You may want to check out Kohl's,treat youself to a set of new sheets. I think they are having a great sale now. Also, try West Point Stevens, Oakley Ind. Road, off 138 in Union Cty. Have a great weekend. Holly (09/15/2006)

By Holly

I've been having the same problem with my bedsheets - I have two big dogs, and they're constantly jumping on my bed, which ends up tugging the sheets off. Very annoying! :) Anyways, thank you, Connie, for the name of the Sheet Belts! I'm going to see about getting some. (01/15/2008)

By Destiny

Try my bedhug for keeping your sheets in place. www.mybedhug.com (06/16/2008)

By Kathy