Finding Good Coupon Savings

Where are Good Coupons? I've searched the recommended sites but nearly all the coupons are for foods that are too expensive anyway, etc. boxed and prepared foods. And cleaning supplies I never purchase. I use the ole standbys vinegar, baking soda, bleach, etc. I NEVER buy special cleaning products. I seldom purchase dry ceral even with a coupon it's still higher than oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc.

There are NO stores in my town that double or triple coupons. I need coupons for coffee, dairy products, produce, meat, etc. On occasion I find one for yogurt and a 25 cent coupon on Folger's coffee but that's about it. I've tried the Dollar Stores to save but here, they are not any cheaper than the grocery stores and sometimes higher. I buy reduced to clear meat. I wish other readers could tell me how they save using coupons; I'm still not convinced there is a savings.

Betty

keep the box you buy your food items in when you are done before you throw it away call the 1 800 number on the side and tell them how wonderful their product is and you just tried it for the first time an you was wondering if they have any manufactures or free coupons they will send them to you in the mail..if the product is terrible tell them that to and they will send you free coupons to try one of there other products...

Hi, I was sorry to read that your nearby stores do not double coupons, The supermarkets in my area are in such competition for Business that often I can get free Items. Couponing is a lot of work and research, When I lived in the city It was much harder. I e-mailed the dial co and wrote a glowing letter about Borax recently. I explained that I wanted to Introduce my friends to there product. They sent me coupons, And I gave one to my mom. Join a coupon group.

E-mail manufacturer's, scout out save now coupons on packages, and go through the store flyers. I have also heard good things about a store called Aldi's, The Dollar stores can have a bounty of savings as well. I also am thinking of going to the garbage recycling center,to scout coupons in Newspaper and magazines. I also go shopping at night when they mark down bakery and meat items. I hope some how I have helped you.Good luck !

after reading your post it strikes me that the reason you "can't find good coupons' is that the things that you are buying don't have coupons, couponing and refunding is a lot of work and unless you are willing to "bend" a little and try "packaged" products your chances of finding coupons are slim to none

i'm not trying to be rude, just stating things as i see them, as for dollar stores not being any cheaper than the grocery stores, i have to vehemently disagree ... not all "dollar stores" are items for $1. you sometimes have to shop around, we have two "dollar" stores in my town, only one has everything for $1, including some food stuffs

good luck

I use coupons but only for stuff I am going to buy anyway, or stuff I want to try. I get tons of coupons but if I dont want them I share them with members of my freebie group or freecycle them. So look there for coupons. Go to the websites of products you like and use and sign up with them. I get coupons, recipe booklets and newsletters from alot of them.

Always try the idea crazylady posted about complaining if something is wrong with the product and compliment the ones your really like. I emailed a panty company about their product to which I am a faithful customer but bought a package that kept tearing. They sent me a free package of undies, 5 pairs. I sent back a heating pad that stopped working on high after only a couple of months.

It cost me about 5 bucks to mail it back but they sent me a brand new one for free, which would have cost me lots more. It can be hard to find coupons when you do alot of scratch cooking, I do that also.I have to buy some convenience foods because I have a 17 yo that never gets full. So I use them for that.

This is a tough one to answer, since there is not perfect answers. Manufacturers promote new products with coupons, but most are convenience foods, so if you don't buy them, you miss out. We have no stores in our area that double or triple either, and I believe that this is where the real savings comes into play--shopping sales at a store that will triple a face amount. I'd be willing to buy/try convenience foods too if I could get them practically free, but that's not an option for me either. Coupons for whole foods are few and far between. I find that I can usually buy store brands cheaper than using the few coupons that I find. Product manufacturers also put different face amounts on their coupons in different parts of the country. One area may save $1, another only 25 cents on the same product coupon in the same week's paper. Not everything works for everyone, so I rely on what works for me. To save maximum grocery money, I garden, can and freeze food, buy in bulk (make sure to check prices since bulk isn't always cheaper), use a price book, shop loss leader sales, stockpile, go to outlets, don't waste a thing, cook from scratch, etc. I'd love to get the coupon bargains that others do, but the fact is, I don't and probably never will. They do what works for them; I do what works for me; I hope you find what works best for you.

You're in a hard position when the grocery store does not double coupons. However, dont turn away from convenience foods entirely. I only buy them when I use a coupon. You have to figure cost per serving to see if it compares to making a meal from scratch. I find that with only two to cook for, the time saved is worth the amount spent on the convenience item. I repeat. Consider the cost per serving for these items. use less meat and add extra vegetables for better health.

I think you're right to be suspicious-- I don't feel that coupons tend to yield the highest savings. I do the best when I go through all the sale ads and write down what is on sale that I normally buy, then go to WalMart and ask them to match the prices. I think from the bottom up-- how can I spend the least?-- rather than the top down-- how can I get the most subtracted from my bill?. You have to know what a sale really is-- some stores' "sale" prices are other stores' regular prices! I rarely use coupons but I do keep my eyes peeled for them just in case I see one for a product I normally use.

Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJanuary 24, 2008
Coupons
Joining a Coupon Train
woman web browsing
Finding the Best Coupon Websites
A woman kissing her boyfriend and giving him an envelope with homemade coupons in it.
Homemade Coupon Book Gift Ideas
Couple Using Online Savings Institution
Choosing the Best Online Savings Institution
🎉
🎄