Joining a Coupon Train

Category Coupons
As a member of a coupon train you can exchange coupons with a large number of other couponers. This is a guide about joining a coupon train.

I'm a single mom on a tight budget. I'm always looking for ways to save money and I think I've found a great one! It's called the coupon train. It's a group of people from all around who trade their unused, current coupons with other people.

I am looking to join a coupon train please.

Gina from Franklin, MA

Answers

I currently have a train running.
But, a great place to join one is www.dailyfreebies.com and go to the coupon train area. Check that out first!!

I just started a coupon train that is going out tomorrow but I would be happy to have you join the second train. Just contact me for details.

I'm a member of a coupon train that runs in my area and surrouding areas/states. I put "coupon train" in my search engine and a ton of trains came up!

I love having one in my area to keep the turn around time quick! No one wants to get expired GOOD coupons because it took so long to get to you!

yes

Anonymous

I would love to join your coupon train. Please contact me at eleanore416@mail.com.

I would like to join a coupon train. Can someone please help me ?

Anyone know of a coupon train that I can join. I am starting from none and I need all the coupons I can get. I will be getting food stamps soon. I need help please.

Answers

You are commended for using coupons! They are an excellent source to help stretch the budget!

The challenge with coupon trains is technically they are illegal:

www.retailwire.com/.../

I have steered away from them because I want no chance of an issue.

My go tos are:

1. The Sunday paper (I have family and friends who save theirs for me and we trade since we use different items).

2. Writing and calling companies whose products I use exclusively and asking for coupons (most will send or email coupons).

3. Switching to store and generic brands (people hate me when I say this), but I have realized HUGE savings just by moving from brands to generics. Stores like Aldi have amazing stuff that are not name brand. Target the same, even Walmart. There are a few name brands I use (like Tide and Dawn and I do #2 above to supplement coupons when the paper ones expire)

4. Looking for in store promotions (like coupons stuck to packages or those little machines that spit out coupons).

5. Talking to store manager and asking for discounts on slightly (NEVER MORE THAN A MONTH OLD) expired canned goods or cereals--SAFETY FIRST ON THIS ONE--I stay away from dented cans...some folks say they are safe, but this one was drilled into my head as a youth!)

6. Only buy what you need and make sure you aren't tossing food because they have gone bad. It is more work to go to the store more often, but if you can combine the store with other errands, it ends up saving you in the long run and reducing waste!

Wishing you all the best with your shopping savings!! Take care and keep up the good work saving!!

Facebook and Yahoo have couponing groups. You may also want to see if your library has one. You can always start one.

I enjoy couponing and saving money. You can find coupons mailed to you, purchase coupons from the Sunday paper, or like me - I print my coupons online for free. Here are some websites I use:

Coupons are good but try not to think about them being your first thought on saving money when buying groceries.

• Many times people use coupons to buy things they normally would not buy and sometimes even pay more money than if they purchased the store brand or generic brand. Not all brands are created equal so you will have to make a list of food items that you wish to buy brand name only (it should be a short list).
  • Buying foods that have to be prepared at home can usually save a lot of money over buying "prepared or convenience foods". Also, stay away from expensive snacks and goodies.
  • Since so many people are using their smart phones there are several sites that have coupon apps that may work for you also.
  • Here is one site that has printable and online coupon sites.
  • moneypantry.com/.../

A while ago I Googled "freebies" and ended up getting hooked on quite a few freebie sites.

thekrazycouponlady.com/.../freebies

There are many sites out there you can get free stuff/samples/huge coupons from.

www.mysavings.com/.../

I'm looking to start a coupon train. Can someone please tell me the appropriate area to post on ThriftyFun, or another website that might be good for finding a few interested people?

By Nicole from Los Angeles

Answers

I've joined a coupon train in my area here in MO. I'm currently a "rider" waiting on my enelope of coupons. Just put coupon train in the online search engine. Hundreds of sites will come up. I joined a train that is for my area... MO/ARK/IL/OK so there is not a long turn around time for coupons that might otherwise expire as if it was coming from say FL! Good Luck. The coupon seems like a fun way to save some money! :)

How would I find info on coupon trains, as suggested by another member?

By Linda

I'm about to become a "rider" on a coupon train in my area. (This quickens the turn around time so people are not stuck with expired coupons). I'd love to hear from fellow riders to know how their journey is going. I'd like to know if the train is worth it?

I have over 50 coupons to add to the train and they are nice coupons, nothing worthless, just items I do not use. It seems like it would be like Christmas every time you open your bundle of coupons, you never know what you might get!

Have any trains been "derailed" due to people not sending them on? Please share your experiences here and advise me on what to expect. I know each train has its own set of rules and guidelines, but I can guess that all trains are about the same! Thanks so much! :) Happy clipping!

By Jaci from MO