Coupon Tips and Tricks

Category Couponing
This is a guide about coupon tips and tricks. Here are a bunch of tips for finding, using, and organizing coupons. If you have a good system in place, you can save a lot of money!

This is a guide about combining coupons. If you take the time to get organized with coupons and rebates before you shop, you can save a lot of money. Coupon stacking is when you use a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon on the same item, which typically results in a very reduced price once they are both applied. Here are some tips for how to best combine coupons.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about joining a coupon train. As a member of a coupon train you can exchange coupons with a large number of other couponers.

This is a guide about creating a coupon book for shopping. Creating a coupon book is a great way to organize the weekly ads and coupons for each store.

With a little extra time and organization, you can save even more money when you go shopping.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a coupon organizer system. Coupons can save you a lot of money, but it can be difficult to use them if they aren't organized. Properly organizing them will help ensure that they don't go unused or expire.

Tips for finding and using coupons. Post your ideas.

Answers

Best Answer

Join a coupon train. I've offically joined a coupon train in my area. I'm currently waiting on my first batch of coupons to arrive. To help myself, I have 2 envelopes right now, one for the coupons I want to keep. Another for coupons that go on the coupon train.

I have not officially started yet, but the train seems like the ideal way to get (and get rid of) the coupons I don't need. I've happily cut out diaper coupons, though I have an 8 yr old knowing that a monther on the train would LOVE those types of coupons! And it only costs a stamp to send your coupons to the next rider!

Answers:

Coupon Tips

Look on the internet for a company website. Sign up for free offers. Find a 1-800 number and call them and tell them what you think. They usually will send coupons. (02/05/2005)

By madisonandco

Weekly Newspaper Ads

Clip coupons and match them up with the weekly sale ads before shopping.

By Teresa (03/01/2005)

Organize Coupons

Organize coupons by product type so when you're shopping for a specific item coupons will be readily available.

By Cheryl (03/01/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Coupon Tips

I will try to see if there is a sale, a coupon to use, and a rebate, for me a triple win! Also I go to Walgreens and get their rebate in the form of a gift card, you get 10% extra! If the item is free after rebate and the 5% sales tax in our state, I am actually 5% ahead! (03/01/2005)

By Kevin

Seasonal Savings

Clip coupons for products that go on sale in cycles, to increase your savings!

By lesliew158 (03/03/2005)

Sunday Paper for Coupons

If you notice a lot of coupons you will use in Sunday's paper, buy more than one Sunday paper. It is well worth the cost, then leave your extra papers at a Starbucks, McDonald's, or give to a neighbor who doesn't get the paper.

By Snerd (03/11/2005)

Coupons At The Dollar General Store

Don't forget to use coupons at bargain stores like the Dollar General store. They carry some national brands and they are usually cheaper, plus they honor coupons.

By Tabatha (03/12/2005)

Look for Coupons

Check the aisles because people do lay down coupons by products.

By forgetme (03/14/2005)

Double Coupons

At the grocery store, combine sales with double coupons to get drastically discounted or even free food!

By Deborah (03/14/2005)

Something to Remember about Coupons

They are a great tool if you use them wisely. Many times the generic or store brand of a product will be cheaper than the name brand even with the coupon. It pays to compare prices.

By Robin (03/24/2005)

Doubling Coupons

Shop at a grocery store that lets you double your coupons and look for sales on items you have coupons for.

By L. Gregory (03/29/2005)

Check for Coupons

Any time that I run out of a product that I normally buy (brand name), I check out the manufacturer's website to see if they have any coupons available before I go to the store.

By Crystal (03/29/2005)

Coupons at the Library

Check your local library to for store coupons. Many save the coupons from Sunday papers they subscribe to and make them available to the public.

By minbari (03/31/2005)

Coupon Tips

This site is great for using and organizing the coupons in the Sunday paper. It is not a coupon site, but is great for keeping track of the Sunday paper's coupons without cutting them out until you want to use them. I file each week's coupons in a dated manila folder, and then look up the coupons I want to use. www.cutouthunger.org (05/25/2005)

By Donna

Coupon Tip

I save coupons and wait till the item comes on sale. My store doubles coupons so I usually end up getting stuff for free. I stock up on it to have till the next sale. This is a great way to save money

By Liz (06/22/2005)

Coupons on Sales Receipts

It pays me to watch for local discount coupons to area stores.

Four times a year for about 45 days each time, a local grocery store runs discount coupons to area businesses on the back of the register receipt.

Two of the coupons are for local restaurants and while the amounts are not large (10% off to a Mexican restaurant and $2 off per entree at another restaurant), the discount is enough to encourage us to go when we have a coupon.

Frequently, we will team the coupon up with their featured dinner of the night, and the end result is that it more than compensates us for clipping the coupon.

I also frequent a beauty shop for hair cuts that offers a punch card, and when I have paid for 10 haircuts, I get the next one free.

Additionally, we frequent a movie rental establishment that offers a "rent-so-many, get one free".

Tonight, we ate at the Mexican restaurant with a discount coupon, got my hair cut for free, and rented a DVD for free. All that on less than $20.

By Sandie (07/20/2005)

Coupon Tips

A lot of people go crazy with sales, and buy things that are on sale that are not normally in their grocery list.

I say just use coupons of things that you normally buy that are on sale. It will save you money in the long run.

(10/11/2005)

By Jen