Growing Wheat Grass for Your Pets

For those of you that have pets that like to graze on grass, buying it is expensive. You can go to the health food store and get a pound of wheat berries for about 50 cents and plant your own.

I like to use organic potting soil with no fertilizers. I keep small pots on hand, the more sparse you put seeds in the better. Lightly cover the seeds with soil, take a mister and dampen. Put in a dark warm area for 3 days, I put mine in the oven and keep it misted (I put a note on the oven to remind me it's in there!)

After 3 days, place in a sunny location and watch it grow a bit everyday. It is so easy and so cheap, and always fresh on hand! And the bag of berry seeds produces many plantings and will last a long time. I keep it refrigerated until needed to plant more.

By Linda from Oceanside, CA

I bought some wheat grass for my cats...it is expensive. I put the pot in a larger pot on my deck after they had munched on it. It continued to grow all year. When it snowed and them melted there was the grass as green as ever. The cats enjoyed it for a full year. I just love getting my moneys worth.

Cat in wheat grass
Growing Wheat Grass for Your Pets
Pets AdviceOctober 21, 2005
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Solutions for Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Whole Wheat Pancake Recipes
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 5:16:25 PM on 10.0.0.101 in 974 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.