Repairing a Light Spot in Dye on Leather Purse

I bought a camel colored leather bag and I noticed there is a small area where it looks like the leather did not absorb all the stain. It is lighter than the rest of the bag. Is there anything I can do?

By Jackie from Las Vegas, NV

Can you get any shoe polish to match the colour? One trick I have used on scuffed/damaged leather is to use acrylic paints. Find the colour that matches, or, if you have a good eye, mix it yourself. Then with a *tiny* amount on a cloth (wrapped around your finger), rub it into the area where the colour needs attention. You might need several goes. Acrylic is rubbery paint that when dry is waterproof.

Pink Purse on White Background
Repairing Purses
Home and Garden Repair ClothingSeptember 16, 2010
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink