Extra Counter Space In The Kitchen

I have a very small computer desk that didn't have enough surface space. It has one drawer. I had a small metal cookie sheet that I wasn't using, so I covered it with a piece of an old plastic tablecloth (using tape). You could also use a plastic tray or even a cutting board. Basically, whatever will fit on top of the drawer. I just happened have the cookie sheet that fit perfectly.

I placed the covered cookie sheet across the opened desk drawer. Doing this, I created more desk surface space. I can remove the cookie sheet very easily and store it next to my computer or lift it to use the drawer. I normally keep it on the opened drawer. If there is a problem with the sheet or tray sliding, glue pieces of that "grippy" liner that is sold in "Dollar Discount Stores", on the top sides of the drawer. Just check to be sure the drawer can still close. If ever I need to use the cookie sheet, I just have to un-tape the piece of tablecloth and wash it. This idea can also be used in the kitchen by placing cookie sheets or cutting boards on an open drawer.

By mkymlp from NE PA

July 27, 2010 Flag

My kitchen is very small and has very limited counter space. When I have a big cooking session I pull out my two top drawers and cover them with my bread board or cookie sheet to give myself extra room to work.

By K. Cooper

Answers:

Extra Counter Space In The Kitchen

Hey! Great idea! I will have to do that, too. Our kitchen isn't that big, plus we have too much stuff in it right now. We don't have much counter space because the kitchen cabinets are a bit low, so you can't put many tall items on the counter. (10/24/2004)

By Lori Gestner

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Organizing a Small Kitchen, A small kitchen painted lime green.
Organizing a Small Kitchen
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJuly 27, 2010
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Magnetic Knife Holder
Making a Magnetic Knife Holder
Counter Top Dishwasher
Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 9:18:44 AM on 10.0.0.150 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.