Cleaning Wood Furniture With A Sticky Film

I would like to know how to remove sticky residue from a wood coffee table?

By Bae from LA

My mother in law's furniture was sticky like this. We never figured out if it was because of her smoking or because of years of furniture polish.

I made her furniture look brand new by using straight ammonia to clean it & using a scrubbie sponge & a toothbrush to get into the groves. Sometimes I'd use the back of the sponge & sometimes the front. After I finished cleaning the gunk off, I let it dry then replaced the finish by using Old English scratch-covering furniture polish. It comes in a dark & a light finish.

When we'd re-done her house & furniture, she couldn't believe the furniture was her's because it looked so nice & like brand-new!

* After the furniture is totally dry after cleaning, apply the polish with a soft cloth, then wait about an hour for it to soak in, then remove the excess polish with a soft absorbent cloth. Lastly, buff it until it shines & looks like new!

* Don't use "sudsy" ammonia, use only regular.

* Make sure the windows are open if you use straight ammonia!

i will try this on my furniture i bought used but forgot the horrible smell of stinch.

Ty for the information

Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureDecember 12, 2009
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture