Formby's Furniture Refinisher Left Wood Table Sticky

Category Refinishing
Formby's is formulated to dissolve old varnish, lacquer, and shellac. If your piece is sticky after using the refinisher, a call to the company may be the best way to fix the problem. This is a page about Formby's furniture refinisher left table sticky.

I found an old end table that I think is oak. I used Formby's Refinisher to strip some of the old finish and fill in some scratches. It looks great, but the surface is still sticky. I'm not sure what to try, a light sand?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a very good product but directions really have to be followed exactly as stated on the can.

I believe your first step should be to contact Formbys and see if they can help you. Here is their web site, just go to Tips and Talk on the left and you will see their contact information.

www.formbys.com/contact

How to Clean Stuff has an article about how to remove stickiness caused by a furniture refinisher: www.howtocleanstuff.net/.../

Hi, the name 'refinisher' is a misnomer, as it really does not refinish anything. It is really a stripper. Works great too. You don't wipe on and leave it. It dissolves the finish, you wipe it off with cloths until no more lacquer is left. I use a small brush to apply wet and swirl around and you can see it dissolve.

Wipe with a cloth. When done, wet another clean cloth and wipe the whole item again to pick up anything you ,missed. The reason it is sticky is you left it on to dissolve. but didn't remove it. The product is made to remove the old finish. Lacquer mainly, if it's still sticky, you didn't get it all.
Give it another try, and use good ventilation!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingJanuary 4, 2018
🎂
🌻
🎃