Formby's Furniture Refinisher Left Wood Table Sticky

Category Refinishing
Formby's is formulated to dissolve old varnish, lacquer, and shellac. If your piece is sticky after using the refinisher, a call to the company may be the best way to fix the problem. This is a guide about Formby's furniture refinisher left table sticky.

I found an old end table that I think is oak. I used Formby's Refinisher to strip some of the old finish and fill in some scratches. It looks great, but the surface is still sticky. I'm not sure what to try, a light sand?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a very good product but directions really have to be followed exactly as stated on the can.

I believe your first step should be to contact Formbys and see if they can help you. Here is their web site, just go to Tips and Talk on the left and you will see their contact information.

https://www.formbys.com/contact

How to Clean Stuff has an article about how to remove stickiness caused by a furniture refinisher: http://www.howt  -a-wooden-table/