Summer Sprinkler Fun

My kids never turn down a chance to run through the sprinkler on a hot sunny day! They often invite their friends. With ice water on the deck to drink, veggies and dip to eat (served on ice), they are entertained for hours!

By Debbie from Pembroke, Ontario Canada

i was thinking about running thru the sprinkler this afternoon. i mean i was reminicing. i wouldnt do it now well i guess i would given the oppurtunity. but i remember loving to run and even just sit in the sun and the sprinkler would come and go and come back again.

My favorite trip to the park with my sons was when it was 90 degrees (the heat index hadn't hit triple digits yet) and the sprinkler systems came on! THe baby was asleep in the stroller, so we parked him in the shade and by the mist to keep cool and we stuck our heads in the sprinkler and played! It was so nice! Now we have a system at the house we are renting, so I need to adjust the time. I think as long as you are physically able, you should enjoy simple pleasures like that!

I have an idea for people that don't have a sprinkler, system. You can buy one of those conectors for the end as a sprinker for pretty cheap and you can also poke holes with a slim nail along the whole hose line about 2" apart and it makes a snake line of sprinkler for longer strips of grass watering too.