Summer Sprinkler Fun

My kids never turn down a chance to run through the sprinkler on a hot sunny day! They often invite their friends. With ice water on the deck to drink, veggies and dip to eat (served on ice), they are entertained for hours!

By Debbie from Pembroke, Ontario Canada

i was thinking about running thru the sprinkler this afternoon. i mean i was reminicing. i wouldnt do it now well i guess i would given the oppurtunity. but i remember loving to run and even just sit in the sun and the sprinkler would come and go and come back again.

My favorite trip to the park with my sons was when it was 90 degrees (the heat index hadn't hit triple digits yet) and the sprinkler systems came on! THe baby was asleep in the stroller, so we parked him in the shade and by the mist to keep cool and we stuck our heads in the sprinkler and played! It was so nice! Now we have a system at the house we are renting, so I need to adjust the time. I think as long as you are physically able, you should enjoy simple pleasures like that!

I have an idea for people that don't have a sprinkler, system. You can buy one of those conectors for the end as a sprinker for pretty cheap and you can also poke holes with a slim nail along the whole hose line about 2" apart and it makes a snake line of sprinkler for longer strips of grass watering too.

mother and daughter
Saving Money on Summer Fun
Parenting Summer FunJune 9, 2006
Cutting PVC pipe
Cutting PVC Pipe
Watering Lawn
Watering a Narrow Strip of Lawn
Growing Summer Blooming Bulbs
Installing a Sprinkler System
Installing a Sprinkler System
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 1:06:06 AM on in 915 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.