Ink on Light Colored Suede Jacket

I need help. I just received a Light Colored Suede jacket for Christmas, 1st time wearing it was yesterday and a co-worker got blue ink stains on it. I have tried the Hairspray idea that a lot of people stated would work, it didn't for me. What else can I do before having to take it to a cleaner. I am just really afraid to take it to a cleaner because there are so many horror stories from them ruining items. Can anyone help please? Stacy

Answers

Best Answer

I hate to tell you, but it probably won't be able to be removed.

I purchased a washable suede suit from Danier (A wonderful company by the way, highly recommended)

When it arrived there was a one inch ink mark on the upper sleeve. I contacted them and they immediately said that it probably wouldn't come out and I could try washing it. (This is washable suede)

I washed it three times and dried it,,,,it faded slightly, but I was afraid it would be lighter than the pants.

I phoned them and the only alternative they suggested,,,,an incidentally it was free...if they had matching skins they could remake the sleeve.

This was from a large well known leather company.

Suede is really a problem!

In my case, they took both pieces back and I ordered something else.

Also I tried a suede cleaner....CAUTION it leaves a darker overall "Patch" of stain.

It doesn't look good for you and I would certainly ask before bothering to send it off and paying a fortune for cleaning.

Gloria