Browsing: Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing

Ink on Light Colored Suede Jacket

I need help. I just received a Light Colored Suede jacket for Christmas, 1st time wearing it was yesterday and a co-worker got blue ink stains on it. I have tried the Hairspray idea that a lot of people stated would work, it didn't for me. What else can I do before having to take it to a cleaner. I am just really afraid to take it to a cleaner because there are so many horror stories from them ruining items. Can anyone help please? Stacy

Answers

Best Answer

I hate to tell you, but it probably won't be able to be removed.

I purchased a washable suede suit from Danier (A wonderful company by the way, highly recommended)

When it arrived there was a one inch ink mark on the upper sleeve. I contacted them and they immediately said that it probably wouldn't come out and I could try washing it. (This is washable suede)

I washed it three times and dried it,,,,it faded slightly, but I was afraid it would be lighter than the pants.

I phoned them and the only alternative they suggested,,,,an incidentally it was free...if they had matching skins they could remake the sleeve.

This was from a large well known leather company.

Suede is really a problem!

In my case, they took both pieces back and I ordered something else.

Also I tried a suede cleaner....CAUTION it leaves a darker overall "Patch" of stain.

It doesn't look good for you and I would certainly ask before bothering to send it off and paying a fortune for cleaning.

Gloria

Suede Jacket
Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 7, 2005
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Pair of men's suede boots in hall
Cleaning Grease Stains on Suede
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:52:10 AM on 10.0.2.136 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.