Bowel Movement on a Embroidered Bedspread

I was given an embroidered bedspread of my aunts and saw bowel movement stains on it. No idea long long they have been there. Material is cotton.

Carol from Albert Lea, MN

try peroxide and bakingsoda. wet the area with the peroxide. sprinkle on baking soda and pound it in with a stiff brush. repeat as needed.

for a really tough stain a bleach pen might be needed.

Try using Classic Coca Cola on it,put coke directly on the stain then wash,in cool water. If that doesn't take it all out,try using WHITE toothpaste on it,as in COLGATE,but do NOT dry it in a dryer. Hang it out for the sun to hit it to dry. Let me know if this works. (Got this idea from an older lady who lives down the block)

Try laundering in an enzyme cleaner, like Oxi-Clean.

I'd do what has always worked for me. Dissolve 1 cup of Biz (an enzyme cleaner) and 1 cup of Clorox II (an "all fabric" bleach) in about a gallon of very hot water ( I use a 5 gallon plastic bucket).....then add about 2 or 3 gallons of cold water. Soak the article in this mixture for any number of days. Just check it daily to see if the stains are gone. It may take 4 or 5 days but has always worked for me. Good Luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 15, 2006
Making a Yo Yo Bedspread
Making a Yo Yo Bedspread
A handyman replacing floor grout.
Floor Grout Keeps Cracking
Protecting an Embroidered Bag
Protecting an Embroidered Bag
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads, Shoulder bag made from recycled chenille bedspread.
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads
🎄
🍂