Use Coke For Removing Smoke Odors - Categories:

OdorsCleaning

Use Coke For Removing Smoke Odors

Several years back we had a fire in our home and the pros came in to help us with the clean up. Everything smelled like smoke, even our clothes. One of their cleaning secrets was to put one can of Coca-Cola in the washing machine, per load with your regular laundry soap. They said: "Do NOT use sugarless and do not use Pepsi, just regular name-brand Coca-Cola." It worked wonderfully! It was amazing how well just adding one can of Coke per wash load would take out every trace of smoke smell from our clothes and other washables!

I've since used this trick to get rid of that campfire smell from my jackets and other clothes after camping and it also seems to get rid of nasty nicotine smells from my clothes when I've been around smokers. I don't know if a knockoff brand of Coke would work, I used the real thing but you could always give a cheaper brand a try!

Source: Professional smoke damage cleaners gave me this tip.

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I love unusual hints like this. Have to try it. You've made my day.

We did $84 worth of laundromat laundering yesterday, trying to remove cigarette odors from clothing that had been in a smoky home for many years. Coke did nothing to mitigate the stench, more did Pepsi. I realize this was an extreme test. Coke may work for mild odor removal.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsApril 18, 2008
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
diet cola
Removing Diet Coke Stains From Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 2:04:42 PM on 10.0.1.205 in 983 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.