Borrow Magazines From The Library

I have always loved looking at magazines. Subscribing and having them come to the house is nice; however, in these times of trying to cut back on clutter or just be "green", I do not subscribe to any magazines any longer. I look at them for free at the library! I take my daughter to activities there and while I wait for her, I find a comfy spot to sit and enjoy looking at a large variety of magazines.

Not only am I saving money, but I'm not storing anything extra in my own house. I am in our library at least once a week if not more, so I truly get my "magazine fix"!

By Debbie52 from IL

Excellent money-saver. Although I loved my local library and still read voraciously (Talking Books now,) I was never in a financial position to donate. If you are, I would encourage you to do so. Libraries offer many wonderful services including free internet cafes. With state funding cuts and failed local levies, however, they need all the help they can get. Perhaps you could donate at least part of the money you've saved on magazine subscriptions to your library? Just a thought.

I have one idea even better unless you just like to go to the library. You can read some mags online for free. I like womansday.com, better homes and gardens (bhg.com) familycircle.com etc there is a website called magatopia.com that has free online mags to read or just type in your search box online magazines.