Keeping Moles from Eating My Asparagus

How do I raise asparagus in mole heaven?

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By Bill from LaPlata, MD

I am not sure moles eat asparagus--I suspect your culprit is more likely voles.

As for the asparagus, plant it as deep as you can, I like 18 inches. I don't think any rodent is going to get at the roots this deep. If you find them damaging the asparagus, you might try a pepper spray. Call your local agricultural extension service, they should have some ideas for mole remedies.

The moles are there for a reason, probably going after grubs along with your vegetables. There are mole traps that you can use, but it would also be wise to get rid of what they are after. Dig up some ground close to your asparagus, see if you find grubs, little fat white worm looking things. There is stuff you can get to kill the grubs. Good luck.

In Michigan we use those solar sonic sound that you put in the ground they work if your yard isn't to big 1 will do about a 20 foot span. We have not seen a mole in about 3 years. bought them at harbor freight for about 10$ each on sale. Good luck.

Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Home and Garden Pest Control Moles and GophersDecember 31, 2010
Asparagus in a Bamboo Steamer
Selecting Good Asparagus
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
asparagus on wood cutting board
Canning Asparagus
asparagus on wood cutting board
Freezing Asparagus