Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Gasoline Smell from Shoes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Gasoline Can

When gas is spilled, it can be difficult to remove the odor. This guide is about removing gasoline smell from shoes.

Here are questions related to Removing Gasoline Smell from Shoes.

Question: Gasoline Smell on Shoes

Somehow, gasoline spilled on my brand new shoes. I have washed them in cold water with baking soda and detergent twice to no avail. The smell is still there. What else can be done?

By Michele

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie01/25/2012

You can also try filling the sock with cat litter and leaving that in the shoe for a few days.

Question: Gasoline Smell on Shoes

I stepped in gasoline while filling the car and want to know how to get the gas smell off the bottom of my shoes?

Susan from Chicago

Most Recent Answer

By Katrina (Guest Post)06/10/2007

Try straight Simple Green.

Solutions: Removing Gasoline Smell from Shoes

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Gas Smell on Rubber Soled Shoes

How do you get gasoline smell off of rubber soled shoes?

Susan Brock from Somerset, KY

RE: Gas Smell on Rubber Soled Shoes

Soak soles in a pail with Dawn dishwashing detergent and water. 1 good long squirt for 5 gallons. If Dawn can get oil and gasoline off ducks and other water fowl, it can get it out of sneakers. Give it 24 hours under the sudsy water. you may have to agitate gently. You may have to do this for several days. Rinse well and wash in washing machine. Air dry. (11/01/2005)

By Cat Somerville