Removing Gasoline Smell from Shoes

When gas is spilled, it can be difficult to remove the odor. This guide is about removing gasoline smell from shoes.

January 24, 2012 Flag

Somehow, gasoline spilled on my brand new shoes. I have washed them in cold water with baking soda and detergent twice to no avail. The smell is still there. What else can be done?

By Michele

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would fill a sock with baking soda and stuff it in the shoe, then fill the other sock and put it on top of the shoe. Leave it for a few days and the smell should disappear. I spilled gas on the carpet in the back seat of my car and placed baking soda on it and left it for a few days and the smell disappeared completely. Try that and see if it works for you.

You can also try filling the sock with cat litter and leaving that in the shoe for a few days.

December 9, 2014 Flag

I have managed to spill some petrol which had some 2 stroke in it into my boot, which has a polystyrene decoration in the shape of a tyre. Any ideas on how to get the smell from it? Your help would be appreciated. Kind regards.

By titquinn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 1, 2007 Flag

I stepped in gasoline while filling the car and want to know how to get the gas smell off the bottom of my shoes?

Susan from Chicago

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try straight Simple Green.

June 1, 2007 Flag

How do you get gasoline smell off of rubber soled shoes?

Susan Brock from Somerset, KY

Answers:

Gas Smell on Rubber Soled Shoes

Soak soles in a pail with Dawn dishwashing detergent and water. 1 good long squirt for 5 gallons. If Dawn can get oil and gasoline off ducks and other water fowl, it can get it out of sneakers. Give it 24 hours under the sudsy water. you may have to agitate gently. You may have to do this for several days. Rinse well and wash in washing machine. Air dry. (11/01/2005)

By Cat Somerville

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesFebruary 12, 2013
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Disposing of Old Gasoline, Red gas can.
Disposing of Old Gasoline
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Wooden bookshelf.
Removing Gasoline Smell from Wood Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 23, 2017 at 10:27:38 PM on 10.0.2.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.