Feeding a Baby Bird

My son found a baby bird in the middle of the road yesterday. It's trying to fly, but still hasn't gotten it down yet. So we put it in a old bird cage for the night and will let it try to fly again today, but here's my question. What do I feed it?

By Sis from lower AL

You need to take the baby bird back outside and put it in the grass. Believe it or not, you are doing more harm then good. When people find baby birds on the ground, they think they have fallen out of the nest and need human help. They don't. Momma birds actually kick out baby birds when they are old enough to learn how to fly. It is a lot safer to learn to fly from the ground then it is from a tree. It sounds horrible to leave them alone, but that is what you should do.

Try a formula of raw sunflower seeds, egg yolk (hard boiled) and evaporated milk. Put in food processor and make a mash of it.

Feed softened kitten food...I have done this NUMEROUS times with 100% success. Good luck

My sister found a baby robin. She fed it Alpo dog food. She had to scoop it out onto an eye dropper. Maybe you could use a stick. This robin, called Baby, used to fly all over the neighborhood and come back to my sister's back enclosed porch. She had this little wooden box that he used to sleep in. One day he just left and never came back, but it was a nice summer with the little guy.

A young starling sitting in a lawn.
Caring for a Wild Baby Bird
Pets BirdsMay 5, 2010
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎄