Italian Sausage Soup
I just got this recipe from another newsletter that I receive, and used it because I had some leftover spinach noodles I had made as a gift. I can't tell you how YUMMY it was. The sour cream was my idea, I'm afraid.
- 1 1/2 lb Italian sausage (I used turkey Italian) sliced and browned a bit
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, minced
- 2 1-lb cans whole tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine (used white Z... all I had and was very good)
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 small green pepper, chopped small
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- spinach noodles
- Spoon full of sour cream in each steaming bowl, optional
Put everything except noodles and sour cream in crock pot and cook for 8 hours or so. Add noodles to simmering soup and cover for 10 minutes. Check to see if noodles are done and when done, and serve with sour cream. We had an Italian salad and some crusty bread from the grocery bakery. Heaven! Be sure to turn off crock pot after noodles are cooked or you will have spinach mush next time you look.
By Margie Minard
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 18, 2017 at 1:49:44 PM on 10.0.0.12 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us