Gourd "Sprouts"

Introducing "Sprouts", I just love these little people (gourds.) They are the perfect baby shower gift. I do personalize them with the date, weight, and name of the newborn baby.

I take a baby doll and insert in inside of the gourd. Wood burned cracks are done to simulate a cracked egg where the arms and legs come through.

By ilovegourds from Cheraw, SC

This is a cute idea. Is there any instructions on how to do this incredible craft you have presented? Would you be willing to share.

Maybe a very close up photo you can share with us?

How cute - do you have more details so I can do this too? Wonderful idea

Hello y'all. I am the original designer of Sprout. This design is copyrighted and is my signature piece. I did however allow a tutorial publication on how to make a Sprout like doll, for a gourd event fund raiser several years ago. This is where Michelle (ilovegourds) got the idea from. All gourds made from the tutorial are to be for personal use only, not for sale. I would appreciate it Michelle if you would keep that in mind.

A photo of my 'Sprout' is also published in the book 'Making Gourd Dolls & Spirit Figures' by Ginger Summit and Jim Widess. Thanks

Doris Henson ~ IPlayOutsideTheBox

That is too cute. I've been wanting to start growing gourds (like I need another hobby), but I love the "crazed" or weathered look on the gourd and would like to know how that part was created just for general use. Lovely.

Painting Gourds
Crafts Made With Gourds
Crafts GiftsJune 30, 2009
Brussels Sprouts in Dish
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Brussels Sprouts
Growing Brussels Sprouts
Homegrown sprouts on a kitchen table.
Growing Sprouts
Gourd Santas
Making Gourd Santas