Restoring Burned Copper Pots

Is there a way to restore antique, solid copper pots burned in a house fire?

Kathy from Hattiesburg, MS+

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm guessing you've tried regular copper cleaner? You could also ask the guys at Safety Clean. They do clean up after fires and probably have some ideas.

I clean my copper pots with tomato sauce. I used to use brasso but one day I was making tomato soup and in spilled over a big mess, so after I wash the pan I noticed that where ever the tomato soup spilled over the copper was shiny. So I took out my whole set and put tomato sauce all over them and let it set for like 10 min. and washed them they looked great. So that is my cleaner for copper now.

Try coating the copper with the cheapest ketchup you can find. Let it sit for a few minutes, then wash normally.

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesJanuary 29, 2009
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Copper Pitcher
Cleaning and Polishing Copper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 1:27:56 AM on 10.0.2.49 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.