If you are looking for some small gift for a teacher's Christmas, this may be just the thing. Your child can help make this. Be sure to supervise, though, since it involves gluing with a glue gun.
Approximate Time: about an hour
- 1 1/2 inch wooden candle cup
- 1 1/2 inch piece from a Popsicle stick
- 3 golf tees, any color
- wood scraps 1 1/2 X 1 X 1/2 for books
- toothpick and cardstock for sign
- white acrylic paint for base coating
- acrylic paints in your choice of colors
- black Sharpie pen
- hot glue gun
- Sand wood scraps for the books.
If you prefer, you can buy small books in the woodcraft section at the craft store.
- Base coat on all surfaces with white acrylic paint.
You can use my photo as a guide in painting the pieces or choose your own colors.
- Paint one side and one edge for book cover and write titles with a Sharpie.
- Stack them randomly to your liking and hot glue them together. Set aside.
- Paint the candle cup and set aside.
- Sharpen the end of the golf tee, and cut off the top to make the pencils.
- Paint them as you like and paint the point white and add a dot of black for the lead.
- Mark the piece of Popsicle stick to represent a ruler.
- Make the "Special Teacher" sign on card stock and glue to a toothpick. You could put the teacher's name on the sign.
- Drizzle a little hot glue in the inside bottom of the candle cup and position the sign, the ruler, and a couple pencils inside as shown.
- Glue the stack of books to the side of the cup.
By Harlean from Arkansas from Hot Springs, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.
In This Article
More to Explore
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on June 19, 2016 at 8:43:43 AM on 10.0.0.129 in 442 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us