Looking for Christmastime Charity in Missouri

Where can I find help with getting my three sons Christmas gifts. I have gone to every charity to get help and all I got was, they could not help me because I was too late getting there. I was in school and could not get away to sign my kids up. I hate the thought of them waking up and having nothing for Christmas

By Jane from Perryville, MO

Answers

Best Answer

I heard on the news tonight that the Salvation Army where I live has had a 20% increase of people asking for help over last year and so far they are $300,000 behind in donations.

Kids don't need a lot of gifts and they don't need the latest style, fad, or expensive gifts. I am sure you could get them each a couple items from a dollar store. You should also explain to them that this year things are tight. I start my shopping no later than February and I have been done for two months. I live off total imcome of $700.00 month and buy gifts for my one surviving Aunt, a cousin, my two adult daughters and four grandkids that range in age from 14-24.

December 4, 2010 Flag

Could anyone tell me if they know of any Charities that help families in need with Christmas here in Missouri?

Stephanie from Holts Summit, MO

Answers:

Looking for Christmas Time Charity in Missouri

Check with your local fire department or your local newspaper. At holiday time both are very active in helping the needy. (09/29/2007)

By MartyD

Call your local churches, as well as Salvation Army. (10/01/2007)

By azDana

Our local Family Services Office has a list of families you can "adopt" for Christmas. They give you first names only, ages, and list of items needed. We then wrap the gifts and take them to their office and they give to the family. Great way to help out! (10/02/2007)

By Sara

Contact your community service office. (12/06/2007)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes