LaundryCleaning

Add Dawn Dish Soap To Your Laundry

Add a little Dawn dish washing liquid to your laundry soap or wash water, and the clothes will come out much cleaner.

Also, only run your dryer for 1/2 the time you normally do. Usually the clothes are dry by then. : )

By Lara from Portland, OR

Top Comment

I agree with the other poster about not doing this. Dishwashing detergent sudses a lot, and that is what causes damage to washing machines, esp the newer HE machines! In fact, the way I save money in laundry detergent is to use half the amount listed on the laundry detergent label. That way, it's much gentler on my machine and my wallet, and my clothes still all come out clean and fresh smelling.

And also, another important tip for extending the life of your washer is never overload the washer, no matter what. One extra load of clothes to wash won't break the budget the way having to buy a new washer will, from overloading it one time too many. That's the fastest way to breaking a washer.

Dawn makes the clothes dry faster? I am going to have to try that!

Thanks.

I would be very careful/cautious about using a liquid dish detergent in my washer. It could very well break down the part/hoses and therefore causing more problems later on. It may also be grounds for warranty rejection issues.

I don't think she said that Dawn makes clothes dry faster.

I do use dawn on stains, old and new. It works great.

Dawn dish soap does not have a lot of suds. Have any of you used Dawn to wash dishes with lately? Sounds ok to me.

I'm sure she means, sometimes your clothing is dry before you actually realize, if you check in 1/2 the time - not because you use Dawn before putting in dryer. Manufacturers don't ever say do not use dishwashing liquid.

I put my clothes in the dryer for 10 minutes. When you hang the clothes using this method the moisture from the clothes helps pull the wrinkles out of the clothes. Great way to reduce energy cost.