Use Sheets for Long Curtains

If you have high windows that need curtains over 86 inches but don't want to spend money buying the longer lengths or for material by the yard, just buy flat bed sheet(s). They're already sewn looking like curtains and come in many colors and patterns (buy extra to make decorative pillow covers, throws, placemats, running mats, whatever you like ) They're about 96 inches or longer. Just buy the pole or wire and curtain clips and hang'em up. You have 4 sheet choices: twin, full, queen and king.

By Vivi from Richmond hill, NY

Hi Vivi;

Thanks for this tip. I need new curtains in my living room and don't really have the funds to spend on long curtains. Great idea.

For the bedroom curtains I just hand sewed up some material that I bought and they look fabulous.

I just made curtains for a bedroom in our home( actually it is my Grandson's room for when he visits us) with a cloth shower curtain. Cut it evenly up the middle, sewed a nice seam. I have them crossed at the top a little and tied back.The curtain matches the comforter,and also the two bath mats,towels and the shower curtain in the bathroom .As the room is outdoorsy,nature, we have a long seasoned branch as the rod. I even found pinecone shower curtain hooks to hang the curtain from. The set can be found at Kohl's Dept. stores.Our Grandsons room is all about nature and it really looks great.